Lesbian Couples who love cruising

mithryl

Does anyone know how these advertisements are getting onto my messages? I downloaded my ticker from tickerfactory .com...could the advertising be attributed to that? If anyone knows, please let me know. If it's tickerfactory, I'll remove them right away and go to a different source for my ticker.

Thanks for the help.

No, they're automatically put in by Cruise Critic. They used to just have ads at the top but now sometimes they are put onto the right side of messages. It's not anything you're doing, don't worry. :)

HI All,Both myself and my girl are so ready for another cruise,we're trying to figure where,when and all that good stuff.Is anyone here from the New Jersey area?? I had heard that there are some cruises that leave from the NJ area as well as the New York area.( Did that one and never again(NY) ). I hoping to find which cruise from the NJ area so it will be closer for us to leave here but if we have to fly again .... ok.

HI All,Both myself and my girl are so ready for another cruise,we're trying to figure where,when and all that good stuff.Is anyone here from the New Jersey area?? I had heard that there are some cruises that leave from the NJ area as well as the New York area.( Did that one and never again(NY) ). I hoping to find which cruise from the NJ area so it will be closer for us to leave here but if we have to fly again .... ok.

Hi Candies! Although the port of Bayonne is technically in New Jersey, it is often listed as New York when you are searching for cruises. It helps to know that Celebrity and Royal Caribbean both sail out of Bayonne, so if the site you are checking says "New York" but it's Celebrity or Royal Caribbean, then it is really out of Bayonne (aka Cape Liberty). Another port that might be listed as "New York" is Red Hook which is in Brooklyn. The one in Manhattan is also listed as "New York" of course!

I hope that helps! There are a few cruises out of Philadelphia and a few out of Baltimore, plus a few out of Norfolk, VA. Any of those might be driving distance for you. There are also cruises out of Boston. But hopefully you can find what you need at Bayonne, NJ!

Since my Jan 2008 is all planned and organized I am now looking at Jan 2009 for my partners 50th.

I see some of you have traveled on the lines I am looking at and wonder if you can give your opinion/comparisons about the following.

Princess, Celebrity, and Hal. Thought I did notice that Hal is a bit more pricey and may not be an option.

thanks,

PA

Hello Ladies!

I am Jen (33) and my partner is Kim (39) and we live in Austin. We have done one regular cruise with Royal Caribbean and one Olivia cruise. We are now booked on a 10 day Alaska cruisetour with Royal Caribbean in 2008 along with another couple we met on our Olivia cruise. While we LOVED the Olivia cruise we went on and do plan to do another trip with them in the future their prices are a bit restrictive. We were able to get a suite on RC for the same price that Olivia charges for an obstructed view room without a balcony for the Alaska cruise.

We also loved our Royal Caribbean regular cruise and actually met 4 other lesbian couples on the ship.

Hey Julie!!!

I started posting here back when I was doing research for my first cruise. This place is a great resource for cruise info.

We are doing a 10 day cruisetour that includes 3 days in Vancouver and Whistler. It leaves on September 3rd. Kim and I are planning on getting married in Whistler.

I really want to do that Australia trip with Olivia but it's just too much money. Plus, I promised Kim that we would go somewhere cold for our next vacation :)

Paddy Anne,

I've been on HAL and Princess, but not Celebrity. Olivia uses HAL alot for their cruises. HAL does have a little more upscale feel than Princess (depends on the ship), there are some things that Princess offers that HAL doesn't (as far as I am aware). Princess has a real 24/7 buffet in the Horizon court. When I was on HAL, there were times (although short in duration) when the Buffet was closed between meals. Princess also offers both Traditional dining and anytime (personal choice dining), which can be a real advantage if you don't want to be locked into a specific time each evening for dinner. It also allows you to meet more people as you can sit with different people each night if you choose. Princess doesn't do towel animals (not a big deal). I didn't experience much difference in the quality of the food. Both are good...neither is exceptional.

Service was good overall on both. I like the electronic boarding pass capability that Princess has (I don't know if HAL offers it or not.)

Hope this helps.

We are doing a 10 day cruisetour that includes 3 days in Vancouver and Whistler. It leaves on September 3rd. Kim and I are planning on getting married in Whistler.

:)

Married in Whistler! I see you are following in the steps of the L Word last season!! What a great place to get married. Congratulations.

I totally agree re the "O" Australia trip. Way too expensive. We did the same itinerary for far less & it included a Tahiti cruise!!! But hey, aren't the Olivia's fun?

Julie

But hey, aren't the Olivia's fun?

Yes, they are great!! We will definitely cruise or travel with Olivia again in the near future but it will probably be back to the Caribbean. They are usually priced a little more reasonably.

Paddy Anne,

I've been on HAL and Princess, but not Celebrity. Olivia uses HAL alot for their cruises. HAL does have a little more upscale feel than Princess (depends on the ship),

Thanks Mithryl. Ok I have been researching and so far I have norrowed it down to the Emerald Princess or Celebrity Galaxy. Both doing 11 day southern Carribean. I am leaning toward Princess because it's a new ship. I'll get my girlfriend to make me the towel animals.:D

cheers,

PA

Texas_Divers: Annette 43 Phys. Ed. Teacher, Donna 38 Registered nurse live in Austin

funlady: Carra 61 retired teacher,Vicki post office 54 live in San Antonio

shan9700: Shannon 37 airline customer service supervisor, Missy 40 blood moblie supervisor live in Indiana

Sunnyshine: 27 & 22, Sarah and Savanna

mithryl: 54 & 55

cruisinJ&C: both 45

BlondyX: Juli (paralegal) and Marianne(paramedic) both 43, Phoenix and Toronto

etoile: 26 & 38

Pussycat: Phyl & Julie 64 & 68 yrs young, Retired servants to pussy Chloe.

Living in Ontario, Canada 40 yrs together!!!!!

Bubski: Bub 54, wife 59 live in British Columbia, Canada

RVMamas: Winnie, 57, retired Army Supply Sergeant (92Y E7), and Connie, 57, retired civil service, based out of Broken Arrow (Tulsa), OK, but living where ever the motor home is parked (at a lovely Parish Lake in Ruston, LA this week).

paddy Anne: Paddy Anne & Mary 43 & 48, Toronto Ontario

mlleach: ML 57 and Andrea 54, Gainesville Fl. One Gator and one Hurricane.

derlas: 48 and partner 39

KL&KR: Kathy, 62, retired, "disabled"; Kristen, 57, librarian. 4 cats and 25 yrs together in Northern California.

postalgrrl: Stacie (43), Jennifer (38). We have been together 11 years and we both work for the post office. Jennifer is a mail carrier and I am a clerk.

Jen & Kim: Jen 33 and Kim 39 live in Austin

Texas_Divers

It's great to see another couple from Austin on here!

What part of Austin do you live in? We are in Circle C.

Hello, Jen and Kim!

We live up north...almost in Round Rock. It's great to see others here from the weirdest city in Texas!

Donna.