Lesbian Couples who love cruising

mithryl

Hi Carol and Linda,

Linda is one brave cruiser. To keep going back on ships after trying different remedies and not have them work is beyond me. That's why we haven't gone on any ships in 10 years. I've tried the wrist bands, ginger and such and none of it worked. Subjecting yourself to being sick each time is very brave and valiant!

She says she loves being on the ocean more than she hates being sick. She 'gets her sealegs' after a couple of days and then the rest of the time she's fine. We're both hoping the scop patch will help. I'll also talk to her about the 'shot', whatever that is, that someone else posted about.

Professor MA - Sorry you can't consider the April '09 cruise but a wedding in India trumps everything I can think of for a big adventure :D . That's fabulous!

Have a good week, everybody.

Carol and Linda.

Hello Everyone,

My partner and I love to travel. I like the water so much that I think I could or should have been a fish. I have heard negative feedback from people who have been on "all-gay" cruises. We thought about taking one, but the cost didn't seem worth it, especially since neither of us drink.

I read that some of you had questions about Carnival. We have been on the Carnival Elation twice. We enjoyed our experience on it even though the photographer wasn't too thrilled about taking our picture together. Carnival is known as a party ship and many people really do party. One time we were on the Elation over the Holidays and there were lots of kids running around the ship at all hours of the night. I complained several times about 12-14 year olds being drunk. I guess the teacher came out in me.

We are interested in going on an Eastern or Southern Caribbean cruise next time. We would really like to go with other couples. We leave in 6 weeks for Hawaii. We are staying 3 nights in Honolulu prior to the cruise and then taking a 7-night cruise around the islands. A staff member from NCL wrote me and said that the ship is accepting.

Probably the angriest we got on a ship was on Roayl Caribbean Voyager of the Seas. Our cabin steward was homophobic and refused to speak to us. He had a fit when we asked for the beds to be put together. I had to get towels from other cabin stewards. I should mention that the other cabin stewards appeared not to like this person.

Please let me know if any of you would like to have a couple of guys travel on a cruise with you. We enjoy meeting people.

dcikon2,

Sounds like you guys have a great hawii cruise planned. Sorry you had problems on your RCL cruise. I have cruised on them once and we had really good service.

We mainly cruise on Carnival though. I think we're planning on a short summer cruise sometime around Sept.10th. We love the Carribean and always have a great time there. I know were also planning a cruise the first part of Febuary. I'll give the details as soon as we know the dates.

We also enjoy meeting new folks and anyone is also welcome joining us cruising!

Shan9700:)

My problem is that I teach and can only travel during certain times of the year. We had a great time on Royal Caribbean - just had an awful cabin steward. The ice show was probably the best show that I have ever seen on a cruise ship.

Texas Divers- Have your cruised out of the port of Galveston? I did not like that port. I guess there are problems during the winter months with fog. Our ship docked over 5 hours late. Many people missed the flights. This also happened to the cruise prior to and after our cruise.

I had better get back to planning our trip to Hawaii! :)

In case any of you want to try Carnival because of the price or itinerary I thought I woudl give my brief opinion. I have sailed twice and have another coming up in January. 5 of us Queer people very welcomed by the staff and co-passengers. Took lovely photos of my partner and I. No looks when we slow danced on the dance floor, great food. All in all I have always loved Carnival. ( I also loved RCCL and NCL too). I tend to go based on the islands and the price. Some years are richer than others. I hate a mortgage:mad:.

Anyway that my scoop. If you want a good time you will have one anywhere. And if it was free.......:eek: take me now.

cheers,

PA

Texas Divers- Have your cruised out of the port of Galveston? I did not like that port. I guess there are problems during the winter months with fog. Our ship docked over 5 hours late. Many people missed the flights. This also happened to the cruise prior to and after our cruise.

:)

First of all, welcome to our thread. We are a fun group!

We have ONLY cruised out of Galveston so far. We have had fog delays once and that was last Christmas.

Where do you live? If you want to give me some info I can add you to our list. :)

Annette

Annette,

I used to teach in the Ausitn area. I am now in Kansas. One of my favorite parks (Chakanaab) is in Cozumel; however, it was closed during our last cruise. We have sailed out of Galveston, Los Angeles, and Miami. I loved sailing out of Miami - very quick checking in and out. I will let you know how Honolulu is. I am doing my best not to plan too many activities on this trip!

paddy Anne,

Hey girl are you and your family still thinking of a short summer cruise?? I'm still watching for last minute 4 days cruises around Sept. 11th.

So far it looks like Carnival is going to be our best best. Looks like it's going to be on the Fasicnation. The cruise departs from Miami, Key West, Calica, Miami. Let me know what ya think.

shan9700:)

Huote=shan9700;10507412]paddy Anne,

Hey girl are you and your family still thinking of a short summer cruise?? I'm still watching for last minute 4 days cruises around Sept. 11th.

Hey Shan,

Would so love to join you but I don't think it's going to happen. We booked a weekend downtown next weekend for pride and a weekend and our theatre festival so money is sliiping away.:p

To keep my cruise happy though we are looking at Jan 2009(since Jan 2008 is finalized) and are looking at back to back princess cruises in Carribean South. 14 days sounds so amazing.

You will love the short jaunt on carnival. Eight of us did that last Dec and it was a blast. Still hope we can connect one day, would love to meet. Think 14 day cruises. OR the lovely thing with back to backs is our friends can join us for only 7 days if they want.

cheers,

PA

paddy Anne,

Hey girl sound like you and your family has a great summer planned. I can't wait for our short summer cruise. Looks like it will be our family and Missy's Mom this time.

Maybe will get together in 2009 for a Jan. cruise with you guys. We'd love to meet and cruise together with you guys. I'd also love to try princess. We love the Southern Carribean so that would be perfect. I couldn't pry Missy away from Jacob for 14 days so it would be a 7 day for us. I'm working her up to a back to back maybe when he gets older..lol

Have a great week and take care!

Hello everyone, I just found this forum and have been reading all the great threads and ideas. I have 13 voyages under my belt. I just had my "lucky" 13th. I did the inagural 11 night Med cruise on the Disney Magic ( I have mixed feelings about it). Actually all my cruises have been on DCL. We are looking into other lines starting in 2008, as 2007 is planned out. My DP and I have one cruise yet to go in 2007 a 4 night DCL Wonder with a double dip at Castaway Cay, and a few land based vacations.

We both love the water. Any boaters in the NJ/NY area? We picked up our boat (19' fish and ski) yesterday from the dealer where we winterized it and had minor repairs/maintenence done. To our horror, we discovered they compromised the integrity of the hull by piercing it in at least 3 places when they replaced the floor under warranty repair :eek: followed by :mad: . Then to find out the bimini and bow cushions were missing....amongst a list of other broken or missing pieces. So right now, we have $26,000 lawn ornament!!! Sorry a vent.

Stacey

paddy Anne,

I couldn't pry Missy away from Jacob for 14 days so it would be a 7 day for us. I'm working her up to a back to back maybe when he gets older..lol

Have a great week and take care!

Yah 14 days is a bit much away from the kids but I will bite the bullet:D. My girls will be 14 and 7 by then and they will be with their fathers so I know they will be fine. Besides they are coming on our 8 night Liberty this January so they will forgive me.

200 days left:cool:

cheers,

PA

Welcome Stacey,

Sorry to hear about your "lawn ornament"...what a drag.

13 cruises...wow! It will tkae us a while to catch up to you!

We've never sailed DCL (we don't have any kids and haven't been sure we'd enjoy the experience).

We're pretty spoiled on 10+ day cruises at this point, although we're taking a quick 4 day out of Seattle in October.

We'd consider back to back 7 days to make a 14 day trip. Do you have any thoughts on where you'd like to sail in 2008? We're booked on a 15 day RT to Hawaii on Princess 3/2/08.

We're also considering doing another 7 day Alaska in the summer of 2008, but haven't decided for sure yet.

I'd love to hear more about your experiences with DCL and more about yourselves personally!

tiggr33,

So sorry to hear about your boat. I can't imagine how you feel. Hopefully you guys will figure something out before the kids in the neighborhood start using it as a jungle gym. Welcome to the thread and we look forward to hearing about all of your future cruises.

patty Anne,

Well maybe I will have something to look forward when Jacob gets older. He's 10 yrs olde now and we usually do one family cruise a year and then an adult cruise a year. That way we get some time together just us. He stays with his other Mother and they watch our pets. We pull out the suit case and the dog starts to pout. I think it's harder on our dog than Jacob...lol

Have a great week,

tiggr33,

patty Anne,

Well maybe I will have something to look forward when Jacob gets older. He's 10 yrs olde now and we usually do one family cruise a year and then an adult cruise a year. That way we get some time together just us. He stays with his other Mother and they watch our pets. We pull out the suit case and the dog starts to pout. I think it's harder on our dog than Jacob...lol

Have a great week,

thanks Shan, We are off to the True Colours concert with Cindi Lauper right now. Happy Pride!

I could give you my e-mail so not as to monopolize this thread(sorry everyone) if I can figure out how.

cheers,

PA

Welcome Stacey,

Sorry to hear about your "lawn ornament"...what a drag.

13 cruises...wow! It will tkae us a while to catch up to you!

We've never sailed DCL (we don't have any kids and haven't been sure we'd enjoy the experience).

We're pretty spoiled on 10+ day cruises at this point, although we're taking a quick 4 day out of Seattle in October.

We'd consider back to back 7 days to make a 14 day trip. Do you have any thoughts on where you'd like to sail in 2008? We're booked on a 15 day RT to Hawaii on Princess 3/2/08.

We're also considering doing another 7 day Alaska in the summer of 2008, but haven't decided for sure yet.

I'd love to hear more about your experiences with DCL and more about yourselves personally!

We don't have kids. I'm the big kid. We are Disney fans, so DCL was the natural choice for us. We rarely interact with kids on the Magic or Wonder. DCL does a great job of splitting the ship into thirds: Adult Areas; Family Areas; and Kid Areas. At dinner is about the only time I notice kids. I just make sure my reservation states that I want a table with no children.

I also like the long cruises. My DP and my Mom just did 25 nights on a back to back - a 14 night transatlantic followed by an 11 night med.). I opted for the med, as I dont think I would have liked 6 days in a row at sea, in rough water. We all did a 14 night panama canal crossing in 2005

I haven't given too much thought to 2008 as yet. I need to get through 2007.......I still have a trip to Disneyland, two trips to Disney World, a 4 night cruise, a week in Maine, and a trip to Vienna, Prague and Salzburg. We just spent time in Barcelona, and loved it. We may look into something out of there.

The dealer picked up the boat yesterday...keeping my fingers crossed.

Wow...I thought my DP was a big Disney fan (she lived in Tampa for 15 years before we met). It is fun to be a "Big Kid"! Hope we get to meet someday.

Have you named your boat yet? I'll send good thoughts her way for a quick, safe and seaworthy return to you soon!

I'd love to hear about all of your upcoming adventures (cruises or not!)

Be Happy!

Wow...I thought my DP was a big Disney fan (she lived in Tampa for 15 years before we met). It is fun to be a "Big Kid"! Hope we get to meet someday.

Have you named your boat yet? I'll send good thoughts her way for a quick, safe and seaworthy return to you soon!

I'd love to hear about all of your upcoming adventures (cruises or not!)

Be Happy!

Her name is GYRL'S PRIDE.

Hi Patty Anne,

How was the concert?

I raised a child from 2 1/2 years old until she was 11...then the relationship broke off (my partner decided to leave me for another woman) and I haven't heard from her since. I called several years ago and made peace with my ex., but her daughter has never attempted to communicate, so I became a bit soured on the child rearing experience. I'm glad that this isn't neccesarily the norm. I hope that raising children is a lot more positive for the majority of you out there. How are they accepted at school? This was a big issue for us during the "formative years". Drawing pictures of Mommy and Mommy didn't go over very well at the time.

Anyway, life is good now. Hope it is for you too!

Hi Patty Anne,

How was the concert?

I raised a child from 2 1/2 years old until she was 11...then the relationship broke off (my partner decided to leave me for another woman) and I haven't heard from her since. I called several years ago and made peace with my ex., but her daughter has never attempted to communicate, so I became a bit soured on the child rearing experience. I'm glad that this isn't neccesarily the norm. I hope that raising children is a lot more positive for the majority of you out there. How are they accepted at school? This was a big issue for us during the "formative years". Drawing pictures of Mommy and Mommy didn't go over very well at the time.

Anyway, life is good now. Hope it is for you too!

HI MIthryl,

The concert was awesome and was the weekend of pride activities. Over 1 000 000 people attend and it's the 3rd largest pride in North America. People watching is amazing. still recovering today and of course we are cruise planning and things have changed AGAIN. We are now looking at Holland for 1 week southern Carribean Jan 2009. We were going to do 2 weeks on Princess but thought one week instead and also attend Woman's week in P Town.

About being a mom. First off I am sorry for your experience as it must have been very hard. I have a very fortunate situation and I am truly lucky. Both my girls spend half time with their fathers and are very close. My kids don't call my partner mom since they have dad's and so the mom mom thing doesn't come up. Having said that it would be an issue. My 6 year old went to school last week asking me if she could wear her pride bracelts and pins. She want to school and told everyone she was celebrating pride for girls who like girls and boy who like boys. Her teacher gave her a high five. No biggie. Last year when my 12 year went to a sleep over, her announcement that her mom is a dyke was no big deal and she was over shadowed by the fact that one one the girls admitted to having gotten her period. They seem to have more important issues that her mom sexuality. We are lucky we live where we live and can be ourselves all the time without incidence. OK maybe the odd look once in a while but mostly no.

So that's me and my life. Still sitting here blissed from Pride weekend.

cheers,

Paddy Anne

I like it! Terrific name.:)

Julie

> ^..^ <

Julie,

I see you have traveled on Holland a lot. Can I assume then that it's a great lilne. We are trying to decide between Emerald Princess and Hollands Westerdam? Any thoughts would be great.

cheers,

PA