Lesbian Couples who love cruising

mithryl

tiggr33,

Wow...you guys vacations sound great. I'm sure Disney cruise are fun. We have neever been on one. So when you cruise on another line you'll have to do a comparision for us. Good luck on all your future vacation and it's was nice meeting you and your partner.

shan9700:)

Hi Tiggr33,

Your trips all sound great. Do you have a website for your stained glass? I know there's to be no advertising on the boards, but I think most on this thread would be interested in seeing your work since it's LGBT oriented? I'd be glad to give you my email address if you'd be more comfortable with that.

What part of the country do you live in?

If you have any questions about other cruiselines, there are plenty of people on this thread that have sailed on many different lines.

Welcome.

Hi Tiggr33,

Your trips all sound great. Do you have a website for your stained glass? I know there's to be no advertising on the boards, but I think most on this thread would be interested in seeing your work since it's LGBT oriented? I'd be glad to give you my email address if you'd be more comfortable with that.

What part of the country do you live in?

If you have any questions about other cruiselines, there are plenty of people on this thread that have sailed on many different lines.

Welcome.

Mithryl,

Thank you. I am in Northern NJ. Here are some photos. I'd be happy to answer any questions anyone may have about any of my pieces.

For the cat fans

pridecat.jpg

Pride Celtic Trinity Knot (aprox 4")

smallknot2.jpg

Pride Square Sun Catcher

PrideSquareSunCatcher.jpg

Pride Jar Candle Shelter

PrideSmallJarShelter118.jpg

A custom piece (almost all names can be done)

Mikiassembled.jpg

A custom panel with oak frame

LNRosePanel1.jpg

Small Irish Crest

irishcrest.jpg

A votive candle shelter

DSCF0239.jpg

For animals lovers - one of my bigest movers.

PawPrints006.jpg

Pride Flag hung vertically (aprox 3" x 5") (For illustration only - the piece shown is damaged and used as a display only. Finished pieces are much cleaner in the solder lines.) Designed to hang vertically or horizontal.

PrideFlagSuncatcher123.jpg

Great work Tiggr33!

Thanks for sharing. I'm really interested in your trip to Vienna. When are you going? Look forward to hearing all about your adventures.

So everyone whose still plugged into this thread...Whose cruise is next? Where are you headed?

So everyone whose still plugged into this thread...Whose cruise is next? Where are you headed?

Don't know if we are next or not, but my partner and I (and our parents) are headed on the Dawn Princess to Alaska in about a month...

I'm in a cabin with my Mom, she is next door with her aunt, and her parents are in the third cabin. Is it just me, or would hetero couples also be expected to split up as though they were roommates? Luckily, my Mom and I are really close so I don't mind sharing with her.

Don't mind me...I'm still bitter that her Mom (who actually is a lovely woman) insists on introducing me as her daughter's "friend" and her Dad refused to attend our commitment reception.:mad:

Aside from that, they really are nice (I'm not being sarcastic, they are)...I'm just dreading being forced into a closet for 10 days. Thankfully, we have traditional seating for 6 so we don't have to play act in front of people at dinner every night. I can suck it up on a tour or two, but to do it repeatedly and concoct a fully fake story would grate on my nerves. Still, we aren't taking off our wedding rings, so when we both deny having husbands, I'm all too happy to let people make the obvious connections themselves.

Don't know if we are next or not' date=' but my partner and I (and our parents) are headed on the Dawn Princess to Alaska in about a month...

I'm in a cabin with my Mom, she is next door with her aunt, and her parents are in the third cabin. Is it just me, or would hetero couples also be expected to split up as though they were roommates? Luckily, my Mom and I are really close so I don't mind sharing with her.

Don't mind me...I'm still bitter that her Mom (who actually is a lovely woman) insists on introducing me as her daughter's "friend" and her Dad refused to attend our commitment reception.:mad:

Aside from that, they really are nice (I'm not being sarcastic, they are)...I'm just dreading being forced into a closet for 10 days. Thankfully, we have traditional seating for 6 so we don't have to play act in front of people at dinner every night. I can suck it up on a tour or two, but to do it repeatedly and concoct a fully fake story would grate on my nerves. Still, we aren't taking off our wedding rings, so when we both deny having husbands, I'm all too happy to let people make the obvious connections themselves.[/quote']

Why do you have to pretend anything while you are on the cruise and why take off your rings? Just to please someone else? I think you should definitely keep the rings on. It shows the commitment you have.

We're booked on the Fasicnation Sept. 10th-14th to the Western Carribean. It's going to be our summer family cruise with Missy, Jacob, myself, Missy's brother and his little girl and her mother. So we ended up booking three inside garenteed rooms. The room assignments were posted so looks like we'll were upgraded to three rooms with portholes on revaria deck. We're all looking forward to the cruise Jacob will be sharing a cabin with his Grandma. So we'll be in a cabin by our selves for some needed quality time.

So hopefully we should all have a great time. The cruise is just a short four day down to Keywest and Calica. We're spending two days in Miami before the cruise.

Shan9700 :)

You can send the prize for next upcoming cruise to Cabin #7259 on the Carnival Conquest, departing Galveston on Aug 19th. My wonderful DW and I are practically packed and ready to go! My base tan is set, but DW (being a blond and all) will still need sun block #50 AND a tee shirt. lol Counting the days....26, 25.......waving bye, bye from Lido deck with a foo foo drink in my hand....:rolleyes: :D

waimea's mom - Next time your partner's mother introduces you as 'my daughter's friend' you could always say, 'it's very nice to meet you, but I'm not a friend, I'm her partner'. That would certainly liven up the conversation, don't you think? :D

Seriously, your partner's mother will always refer to you, and see you as, her daughter's 'friend' if you allow it. If you want someone to take your relationship seriously, YOU have to take it seriously. If you don't, then they won't. You and your partner need to discuss this and decide if it's important to be recognized as a couple. If it is, then act like a couple.

jmho, ymmv.

Carol (and Linda)

You can send the prize for next upcoming cruise to Cabin #7259 on the Carnival Conquest, departing Galveston on Aug 19th. My wonderful DW and I are practically packed and ready to go! My base tan is set, but DW (being a blond and all) will still need sun block #50 AND a tee shirt. lol Counting the days....26, 25.......waving bye, bye from Lido deck with a foo foo drink in my hand....:rolleyes: :D

Congratulations...let us know all the details when you return!

Sorry, we beat you. Leaving on the Fascination 8/17/07. It is my nephew's wedding cruise.

ML

mlleach,

Hey girl what itenerary are you guys going on?? I'd sure love to heard all about your cruise when you get back. Since we're cruising on her shortly after you return. So have a great time and have some foo foo drinks for us.

mlleach,

Hey girl what itenerary are you guys going on?? I'd sure love to heard all about your cruise when you get back. Since we're cruising on her shortly after you return. So have a great time and have some foo foo drinks for us.

Never cruised on the Fascination. Looking forward to it. Will let you know we liked it when we get back.

ML

I am planning a cruise with my partner, son and his g/f to Mexican Riviera out of s.ca.. Any info on the best ports and ships would be great. Doing a ton of reading and still can't decide.

Thanks!

I am planning a cruise with my partner, son and his g/f to Mexican Riviera out of s.ca.. Any info on the best ports and ships would be great. Doing a ton of reading and still can't decide.

Thanks!

You should join us on the Carnival Pride Jan. 13, 2008 . It would be nice to have some family aboard :D . I haven't done any research on ports yet. I have been busy planning our Carnival Conquest cruise for Sept. 2007. The Mexican Riveria cruise stops in PV, Mazatlan and Cabo.

Mo & CJ,

We've done this cruise with RCCL and Princess. Of the two, I liked RCCL better for these ports. Most of that was based on the ship and the crew (since the ports were basically the same with the exception of adding Catalina and San Diego on the Princess 10 day out of SF).

I was not impressed with the Dawn. We had the worst cabin stewart ever. Usually the cabin stewarts are a delight, but this gentleman did nothing but complain about his boss, the cruiseline and our requests (which were minimal).

RCCL service was not as good as we had with them in the Caribbean, but it was still better than our Princess experience to Mexico.

We had a great experience with Princess to Hawaii, so it's not the line in general. I think, overall, that Mexico is one of the cheapest cruises, regardless of the cruiseline...and perhaps you get what you pay for. I don't know if they use itenary for training, but quality does seem to suffer somewhat. I don't know if others have experienced the same.

Hello ladies,

My partner and I (45/48) have just discovered cruising this year. We were on the Olivia Med Cruise in May and it was fantastic. We are booked for their Mexican Riviera cruise in October. I noticed some pages back a discussion on Olivia vs. straight cruises.

Here's my take. First, I will be going on my first straight cruise in Jan., Celebrity Century) but not with my partner (sister and mom) so I suspect it will not really be a good gauge.

The Olivia cruises are extremely expensive (we got a 2-for-1 for the Med. Cruise) but the experience and the entertainment were phenomenal. We think we are spoiled for straight vacations. That said, we still cannot afford to travel only with Olivia. We wanted to go on a river cruise but theirs is priced way too high. We booked a 14 night Rhine/Danube cruise with Amadeus Waterways for less than Olivia was charging for a 7 night. (Would welcome any thoughts/experiences you might have on river cruising)

So we will combine our travel experiences. We will probably do at least one Olivia trip per year (we are booked for Cancun in May) and do our other 2-3 trips on our own (although I am beginning to check out companies such as Pied Piper and Aquafest).

Annie

Thanks!

We live in So. Cal. and have taken the Mexican Riviera cruise 3 times in the past. Each cruise was on the NCL Star and each trip was fantastic!!! We sailed in Sept, Oct & April and suggest that March/April/May are better months as you don't need to worry about any tropical storms, etc. like you do in the Fall months. Smooth sailing!! IMHO, cruise pricing for Mexican Riv is not much different than other places. Just depends on cabin selection, etc. You can go on the cheap or suite life. We LOVE Cabo best of all the ports. Warmer, clearer water and just overall pretty. P.V. comes in 2nd. In Cabo we snorkle/jet ski each cruise. In P.V. try the Zip Line. Wheeeee!!! Great Fun!!! If your ports include Ixtapa, go swiming with the Dolphins. Mexican trinkets are the same regardless of which port you're in, and I've found very little difference in pricing between ports. Watch silver purchases. There is a hugh rip off in this area. Just make sure you buy where the cruise line suggests and not off some street vendor. Regardless of which cruise line you decide on, you'll have a great time!!!;)