Restaurant that changes from black & white to color

heather6699

Hi,

I have heard that there is a restaurant on the ship that changes from black and white to color during the course of the meal. Which restaurant is this? And which ship is it on?

Thanks!

We are doing our first DCL on March 4 (Disney Wonder) and can't wait!! :)

Hi, the restaurant you are referring to is called Animators Palate. It is on both ships!! during the dessert course it all is lite and your servers change clothes for a parade which is really fun, so if you finish early, hang around to see the finale!!

Take your camera too! Take it to every restaurant, you will be glad you did. Others will have their cameras too, you wont be the only one.

You might enjoy the free DVD you can order on DCL's web site too.

mom x4,grandma x4

Hi Heather! That restaurant is called Animator's Palate, and it is on both the Wonder and the Magic. Even the servers' outfits go from black & white to full color by the end of dinner! It's a fun place. :)

You can read about it and see 360 degree pictures here:

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/dcl/en_US/onboard/dining/detail?name=AnimatorsPalateLandingPage

Hope this helps!

-gina-

My husband and I did the Disney Wonder for our honeymoon almost 5 years ago, and the Animator's Palate was our favorite restaurant - it was just so cool to watch the walls change colors! The walls are colored in black-and-white sketches - very rough sketches! There are large framed sketches as well as smaller "doodles" on the walls around them. The walls actually have small holes (like pin-holes) that you can see. The same sketches are in full color behind this "hole-y" wall, but you can't see that at first. At the beginning of the meal, the "hole-y" wall is lit from the front, so you only see the white wall with black sketches. As you eat, they gradually turn on lighting behind the wall, so the colors start to show up. Interestingly, the music changes in intensity in between courses to match the increasing color. It's amazing the things that Disney comes up with!

Don't get your hopes up though that it's this magnificent thing everyone talks about on the boards because when you see it you will be let down. It's neat, but not as amazing as everyone makes it sound. I was kinda let down by it.

Just wanted to let everyone know that if you want to see the color change in AP you will need to go on the first night you are scheduled to eat there. They only do it once. We ate at Palo's that night the first time we sailed on the 7-night so we were disappointed. We had seen it years before on a 3 night cruise so we were looking forward to it again. I have to disagree with the last posters. It's pretty cool!

Two things though, the ship seems to rock quite a bit in this area and the room is very cold so wear something warm that night!! (much colder then the other restaurants!)

Archived