New Royal Princess

Cruisin' Crazy

Has anyone been aboard either the Pacific or Tahitian Princess (the old R ships, leased by Princess, and the Royal is now coming in April 2007) with a scooter or wheelchair?

We have spotted a cruise we want to do on the (New) Royal, but I find that the web site only shows one inside wheelchair room on deck 4 near the medical centre, and it looks like it is not big enough to accomodate a scooter.

All literature I have seen on the R ships and the Pacific/Tahitian show three wheelchair cabins. Does anyone know where the other two are? 4035 is the one on Deck four. There are two others on deck four, 4052 and 4056 that look to be the size of wheelchair cabins, but are not marked as such. I have not actually seen any brochures on this ship yet. (The Royal)

Princess has told my agent that 7082 and 7086 on deck 7 (balcony cabins) are wheelchair rooms, but the web site deck plans show them as only regular size rooms, with 7084 between them, which would be unusual. I am wondering if 7084 actually exists, and therefore 7082 and 7086 use that space for expanded size cabins suitable for large ride-in bathrooms and scooter space. I have instructed my agent to go back to Princess and try to get further info, but it all depends on who one talks to; some know more than others, and you need to get the correct person to get the accurate info.

So I'm looking for any info from past pax, not only on the rooms, but on general getting about space on the R ships for scooter users.

Thanks for any help. Ken.

Archived