Locanda Orseolo... who has a future booking & who has stayed there!

We just booked Locanda Orseolo for next September 2005. I've read so many rave reviews on tripadvisor and cruisecritics, I'm curious how many have booked the hotel for next year and how many have actually stayed there in the past year or two.

I would really enjoy hearing from those that stayed there, about...

1. your room # and description of the room and how you liked it

2. any restaurant around the hotel you would recommend

3. how you reached the hotel from the airport (we'll be coming from the airport) or from the cruise ship

4. exactly how far the hotel is from some of the points of interest like San Marco Square

Thanks for any input... cruisecritic posters always have wonderful advice and up-to-the-minute information. I wouldn't travel from home without reading the boards!

Sandy

Hi Sandy...We just booked today for Oct. 2005. We plan to spend 3 nights in Venice after our Millie cruise. They gave me the 2004 price since I booked so early. I read so many wonderful reviews like you on tripadvisor that I felt I couldn't go wrong.

Anne

Sandy,

We booked the hotel for 4 nights pre-cruise in early May, 2005. I've been told be Igor at the hotel that we can get a water taxi to the hotel from the airport. After the long flight, I think that would be the easiest way. We're booked into #14 which according to the hotel is one of their best rooms.

Joan

Joan24....

How do you know what room you have booked? They didn't tell me----they just said it was the largest canal view room. It was the most expensive one--- 240 euros that was listed on the website.

Anne

I emailed the hotel and asked which room they were holding for us. He said that #15 was the best room because it had allready been remodeled and our room #14 was esentially the same, large room with sofa and good view of the canal. We are also paying 240 Euro.

Joan

Yes, we changed dates... we were originally booked on the 9/11/05 Venice to Rome cruise, when I started this thread. Then Ira and I talked about moving to the June 7th cruise, which will be closer to our anniversary. TA moved us and I found your thread and posted.

Sandy

Hi there! We are sailing on the Millie June 20, 2005 and thru CC board found many others that are sailing with us. I think we have booked the entire hotel for the 2-3 days prior to sailing! :D

Great reviews and absolutely..ask them for a room # and they will be happy to give you one. Any superior room overlooking the canal I am told is "the best."

Have a great time!!

We just booked for a 4 day post-cruise stay in September 2005. I finally decided to quit looking and just book as the reviews are so good. I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who will be staying there over the next few months.

Also, I have the same question as Sandy R: how did you reach the hotel from the cruise ship?

Thanks for Sandy R's post about the hotel. We're just in the early planning stages for our trip and hadn't planned on making reservations for hotels yet, but after checking out the rave reviews of the hotel we didn't wait and booked it for the end of our Millennium June 8, 2005 cruise. :) :)

FLJudi

Archived