One way cruise

woodmill100

NancyIL

I remember, sorry if I offended you by misquoting you. You did say that my Yukon Wilderness cruisetour #1 with HAL sounded like a good one, and if you were going to the Yukon, you would definitely do this cruisetour. Actually Budget Queen never said cruisetours were bad either, just that she preferred independent travel opposed to being herded on buses.

Actually I thoroughly enjoyed our Inside Passage only cruise in '99. I think anyway you get to Alaska you won't be disappointed.;)

For anyone interested the organised cruisetour I have seen starts in Calgary and then a day in banff, a day in lake louise, a day in Jasper, train to Kamloops and kamloops to Vancouver. The tour covers 7 days.

It does sound a good trip but I'd hate to be stuck on a bus for hours with a guide telling me to look at this tree and that rabbit etc. On the otherhand, it would be nice to know that someone is doing all the driving...

These areas are simply breathtakingly beautiful! Are you considering an organized tour of this area then independent for interior Alaska?

We traveled through the Canadian Rockies nearly 20 years ago, leaving for vacation the day my oldest son turned 1, and I was 5 months along with our second son, still having major bouts of morning sickness. What WERE we thinking taking off on a road trip??? Anyway, despite discomfort, it was a fabulous trip and a place I've longed to return to. DH has also stated as much. He wants to do it by tour this time, rather than drive.

Should you go, I recommend taking the snowcoach (icebuggy) out on the Columbian Icefield for glacier walking. Back then, it was something like $15pp to ride and we rather balked at that, decided to go for it, finding it to be worth every penny, and then some!

Archived