Best place to stay to see ship arrive

ali-ali-oh

Can anyone help? We are flying in from the UK on a Saturday to Orlando and have a connection to Fort Lauderdale airport booked with Delta, so will probably not arrive until late evening on Saturday and will be sailing on the Sunday. We are looking for a nice hotel, but really would like one with a view of the cruise terminal because, if past experience is anything to go by, we will probably wake in the early hours with jet lag and would like to see the ship arrive if possible (Celebrity if that makes a difference).

I have reviewed the boards for hours and can’t seem to get my head around the geography of the place. I have looked at the Embassy Suites from recommendations, but am unsure if that would be the best place in terms of view/service/location or is there somewhere which would suit our requirements better?

We prefer newer hotels and although we don’t want to break the bank, don’t want to end up in somewhere that is a bit tired and run down or in the middle of a noisy refurb. Finally, we don’t want to end up somewhere that is a long way from the port as we will have to get a cab from the airport (presumably) as we do not want to hire a car for such a short time.

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions and I am sorry if this has been covered elsewhere and I really appreciate ANY advice you can give me.

The best place to watch the ships arrive would be from a "tower" room at the Hyatt Pier 66. This property recently went through a multi million dollar renovation. It's all brand new now. It's situated on 22 lush tropical acres, it's on the intracoastal with it's own water taxi stop. A georgeous property. Usually available on Priceline (4* downtown) for $150 or less. ;)

The best place to watch the ships arrive would be from a "tower" room at the Hyatt Pier 66. This property recently went through a multi million dollar renovation. It's all brand new now. It's situated on 22 lush tropical acres, it's on the intracoastal with it's own water taxi stop. A georgeous property. Usually available on Priceline (4* downtown) for $150 or less. ;)

Did the Hyatt move???

Ron

Thanks so much for your help and sorry it's taken a few days for me to say so.

I am having a bit of a nightmare with the whole Priceline thing as we are UK residents and because I can't submit a state or zip it keeps bouncing me out. There is a uk site that I finally found, so fingers crossed I'll be able to get it, though when I tried last night it rejected my bid - so if I'm reading it right - I have to wait 24 hrs to try again? Anyway, will keep trying, but wanted to say thanks.

If, for whatever reason, we don't manage to get in here, is there anywhere else we could try where we would see the ships from? Also, suggestions close by for a decent steak would be really helpful as with us arriving evening I don't really fancy trying to find somewhere (jet lag is a killer)... and do we need to make reservations?

Thanks again.

Archived