Questions regarding parking & boarding Enchantment at Fort Lauderdale

SC_Sam

DW and are taking her parents on the 01/25/07 sailing of Enchantment out of Fort Lauderdale. DW and I usually fly and take a cab straight from the airport to the ship, but we are meeting the in-laws at their motel, and then driving to the port in the in-laws' car. As such, I have a few questions:

1. At what terminal does Enchantment usually dock, or does it vary?

2. Will we be allowed to unload luggage to the porters and then go park, or do we have to "lug" the luggage from the garage back to the porters?

Thanks for the info.

I'm not sure if Enchantment ALWAYS docks in the same spot but here was our experience. We dropped our check luggage off at the port with a porter. Then we drove our car to the designated parking spot and caught a shuttle bus back to the terminal. We were able to drop off only our labeled luggage that was to be checked. Our carry-ons and laptop stayed with us and so we had to lug it from the garage, to the shuttle bus terminal and then to the actual terminal and through the lines and stuff. We are relatively young and able-bodied so we didn't require assistance of any kind but I'm sure for anyone who wasn't there was help available. We did decide that next time, we'll reduce our carry-on stuff though because it is a minor pain.

You are going to LOVE Enchantment. She's gorgeous and we had an outstanding time.

We were on the Enchantment in August. What my husband did was to drop me and our two young kids off with our carry on luggage at the pier, right when he dropped off our luggage to be checked. I waited in the waiting area with our two kids (stroller, carry on bags, etc....) until he got back from parking the car, and we all checked in together. This way we didn't have to lug everything with us.

Enjoy your trip! The ship was great!!

Terry

Enchantment usually docks at terminal 25, although it sometimes docks elsewhere. The parking garage is across the street from the terminal, and you can drop your luggage off at the terminal and then go and park the car.

If Enchantment happens to be parked at another terminal, most of them are within walking distance of the garage, and there is a shuttle bus to the 2 terminals that are not within walking distance, terminal 18 and 29. You can check the Port Everglades ship schedule within a few days of your departure, and it will show which terminal Enchantment will dock at. http://www.broward.org/port/shipschedule.htm

And, here is a map of Port Everglades that shows the location of the terminals and the parking garage. http://www.broward.org/port/maps.htm

Archived