Amerisuites in Ft. Lauderdate FLL?

luckygurl1227

Has anyone stayed here recently? I heard last year that they were going to go through a renovation but havent seen any recent postings about this hotel. Is it worth the stay here? Do they still have free parking? and about how much can i expect to pay for a night? Any help would be appreciated. :D

Amerisuites will no longer be the name of the hotel. It will be called Hyatt Place.....Amersuites was bought out by Hyatt in 2005 and they turn every Corporate owed Amersuites into a Hyatt Place. I work for the very 1st Hyatt Place to open in the world. I would contact the property itself to find out when they will be starting the renovations and when they will be finished. I know Hyatt's plan is to have all locations done by the end of 2007. I know of 2 in Fort Lauderdale and they are suppose to be fully finished by the fall of 2007. But most hotels who are going through this renovations have hit many bumps so again I would check with the property itself. You will be shocked at the difference between the 2 rooms. Every room has a 42 inch flat screen tv. You can see more info at http://www.hyatt-place.com

Happy Sailing and Good Luck!!

Jayme

Has anyone stayed here recently? I heard last year that they were going to go through a renovation but havent seen any recent postings about this hotel. Is it worth the stay here? Do they still have free parking? and about how much can i expect to pay for a night? Any help would be appreciated. :D

They are not renovating until after June of 2007. I called to ask the same question weeks ago. Interesting that travelers will post here and wait hours for a response when a phone call to the hotel would take all of 5 minutes for the answers that were asked.

Stayed there on 12/25 and 1/4 - place is clean, though has wear and tear, and still has a good free Breakfast Buffet (eggs, ham & make-your-own Waffles along with juice, coffee, tea, toast, english miffins, bagels & mini-muffins. Was at the Amersuites - lake Buena Vista on 12/23 & 12/24 and they only had the Continental Breakfast (no eggs, etc) and was even more run-down that the 17th Street in Ft. Lauderdale, plus it was not bought by Hyatt, so don't know what's going to happen with that one.

Staff said the renovations would start when they can block out a period of time that the hotel isn't booked for Conventions and the like since they will be knocking out 3 rooms (maybe a 4th) to create a full-service Restuarant to replace the free buffet, then they will do the room remodels, staff hadn't heard a firm date to start when we left on the 5th. Either way I was there in 2004, the latest stays and planning again for this coming December and January 08.

Thats correct most hotels that are renovating are losing anywhere for 3-7 rooms to make room for a kitchen...It is not a full service rest. The full buffet will be gone and be replaced with a free cont. breakfast. You can order eggs, bacon, bagel sand., waffles all at an extra charge.

Happy Sailing

Jayme

Archived