Groups on Cruises

rjohnson90

Does anyone know of a website, where you can see what groups, and the size of the group, is going on a cruise? The last cruise we went on, it turned out that over 1000 people were part of a "work related" group, and basically occupied the entire ship. I was told that they had booked their cruise a year in advance. Had I known this, I wouldn't have booked the ruise.

there isn't one

the only thing you can do is use your favorite search engine with the name of your ship and the date of your cruise - you may or may not get lucky - just because you don't find anything doesn't mean it isn't there, just that it may not be published on an internet site using the terms you used for your search...

and the cruise lines won't tell you, either (which is understandable - they want to sell those other rooms on the ship!)

As someone who does cruise as part of a large group, I've often thought that the fact that we're on the ship should be disclosed to the non-group cruisers.

Perhaps the line doesn't think the group will impact the other cruisers, and they certainly want to sell the non-group cabins. But when a group has half the ship, it certainly is going to change some things. For example, our group takes over certain venues for private entertainment. On the Costa Magica last January, I heard some grousing by some of the cruise director's staff and some passengers. I was surprised that Costa didn't mention our group or others in the first daily newsletter, as a matter of "disclosure" to the other passengers and/or a "Welcome Aboard ....".

I can think of reasons a line would not mention it. But it may be something one may want to ask about at the time of booking. You've raised an interesting topic, rjohnson90.

BTW, our group has half of the Costa Med. on the up-coming 1/28th sailing. :)

Archived