Majesty Of The Seas

jklm

Cruising the MOTS on March 12th w/ my wife and 2 daughters. We booked a Grand Suite. Does anyone have any pics or info on these rooms. I noticed that docs stated that a roll-away is required. Will they remove some of the room furniture?

I know that the MOTS is in dry dock now and I have seen that it will have a pizzeria and/or hamburger stand added, however these don't appear on the ships's layout on the RC website.

Any suggestions for excursions in Nassau (girls 10 and 12), we plan to save the beach for CocoCay.

Finally, flights from Houston to Miami or FLL are still very high - $375+ (and only half full). I know that this is the start of spring break, but any suggestions on how long to wait before I book a flight?

Our daughter and SIL and their two children (ages 5and 2) had a GS on Majesty. The room is fairly roomy and has a large sort of curved sectional type of sofa. One section of this opens to a single bed and they bring in a rollaway. The room also has good size club chairs (theirs had 3). Our GS nest door only had two? To be honest when the room was set up for sleeping (I was babysitting), I thought it was a little tight, especially with those three big chairs. Otherwise, the GS was great with a huge balcony. I think your family will be fine and about moving furniture out ,you can always ask. Have a wonderful cruise!

You are right, the RCI website has not been updated to show the layout of the ship after refurbishment. It would be nice if they would show the updates since she will never sail again as she was.

It can be expensive but your daughters would probably enjoy the water slide at Atlantis. People book a room for the day at either Atlantis or the Comfort Suites, both of which allow early check in and a wrist band that allows access to all of Atlantis including the pools and slides. There is usually more info on this at the ports of call forum and possibly even a link to a site where the Comfort Suites can be booked in most cases for less than $200 for 4 people. They even allow you to go to your room knowing that you really won't be sleeping there. So you could relax, shower or whatever if you have time.

It's even interesting just to walk along the dock over towards the straw market because there are usually Bahamian boys about your daughters' ages around there that will talk to you and try to get you to buy little fake walking turtles or bracelets or just dive in the water for quarters if you will toss them in. Some people are offended by this. But really, they like doing it. It's fun for them to find the quarters really fast, cool off in the water, and then get to keep the money. It initiates a little conversation, too, if the boys aren't too shy to talk.

There are also horse carriage rides right outside past the cabs, which I've never done, but girls might like it just because many girls like horses.

I might be one of the few people that really loves Nassau just because I love the Bahamian people. I enjoy doing the non-touristy things the best because it gives you a chance to talk to the real people of the island. That might not be as interesting to your daughters but it could be just depending on who you run into during the course of your day.

we are also going on that sailing, we booked 2 room that are joined together, like some hotels. Our kids are 8 and 12. We booked a room at the Comfort Suites. The kids can't wait for the water rides. Showed them pictures from their web site, looks like it will be a blast!:o

We are also saving the beach day for coccocay! Hope we have warm weather!

Archived