Century Sky Suites vs Deluxe ocean view w/veranda

UkeTrader

Are the sky suites on the newly refurbished century worth the extra money? The price difference for a cruise in June for 12 nights (northern europe) is 8400 vs 6600 for a deluxe ocean view with veranda. Need some input to help pull the trigger. Are the prices reasonable otherwise? Thanks for any input.

Alex

I’d probably go for the SS with largest balcony offered on the Sports Deck which is about 244 sq ft cabin & 142 sq ft balcony. That compares to about 170 sq ft cabin with 42 sq ft balcony for the standard cabin with balcony. A nice increase in space for around 27% additional cost would be worth it for me.

We had a sky suite on deck 12 in Dec. The veranda was terrific. Definitely go for the suite on deck 12. Paul was our butler and he was the best. The extra size is well worth the extra dollars. The only complaint about the entire cruise was the nightmare disembarkation in the port of Miami. Wish Century would use Ft. Lauderdale.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Are the sky suites on the newly refurbished century worth the extra money? The price difference for a cruise in June for 12 nights (northern europe) is 8400 vs 6600 for a deluxe ocean view with veranda. Need some input to help pull the trigger. Are the prices reasonable otherwise? Thanks for any input.

Alex

TAKE THE OCEAN VIEW AND GIVE THE DIFFERENCE TO CHARITY

Thanks for your advice folks. I've decided to go with the Sky Suite, as the size benefits are definitely in line with the costs. I give plenty to charity. This vacation, like all of my vacations, is for my personal charity that supports my stress relief and well being. And that my friend, is priceless.

Thanks for your advice folks. I've decided to go with the Sky Suite, as the size benefits are definitely in line with the costs.......

Sounds like you made a good decison! We are hoping to also book one of these soon.

Hi Everyone !

I am booked on Century this Saturday. We took a Sky Suite this time, and we are very excited about it. We were just on Century 2 months ago, and we had a fantastic time. We are hopeful we will have another great Cruise.

I will report more about our Cruise, when I return home.

We had a sky suite on deck 12 in Dec. The veranda was terrific. Definitely go for the suite on deck 12. Paul was our butler and he was the best. The extra size is well worth the extra dollars. The only complaint about the entire cruise was the nightmare disembarkation in the port of Miami. Wish Century would use Ft. Lauderdale.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hi MyDogs !

I am with you on that one. We were always happy when Century sailed out of Ft Lauderdale. Our one experience with Century docked in Miami this season, was awful. Fortunately, we had a GREAT Cruise, but the embarkation was the worst. We are sailing on Century again this weekend, and we are hopeful that the Miami Port will have their act together this time.

Now, if we can only get Century back to Ft Lauderdale, and have her doing at least a few longer Caribbean sailings, I would be a very happy camper !

Glad you booked the SS! We just got off from Century's SS 1072. Oh it was pure bliss. I love being out on the balcony and we slept out there two of the nights!

Here are my pics:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=yoav3wo.2h7x3sas&x=1&y=1e5mfd

Thanks for posting the link to your photo album. Glad to see what the Century SS cabin looks like!

Hi Everyone !

I am booked on Century this Saturday. We took a Sky Suite this time, and we are very excited about it. We were just on Century 2 months ago, and we had a fantastic time. We are hopeful we will have another great Cruise.

I will report more about our Cruise, when I return home.

Hi Andy,

Will you be on deck 10 or 12? Would love to see some pics of SS balcony on deck 12.... especially 1200 or 1201.

Have a great cruise. Will look forward to hearing about it & maybe seeing some pics? when you get back.

Hi Andy,

Will you be on deck 10 or 12? Would love to see some pics of SS balcony on deck 12.... especially 1200 or 1201.

Have a great cruise. Will look forward to hearing about it & maybe seeing some pics? when you get back.

Hi Lynn !

I will be on Deck 12. I doubt I will be able to get photos of 1200 or 1201 for you (sorry !) but if you search around the boards, there are posts that have photos of the Sky Suite balconies on Deck 12.

I was on Century about 2 months ago, and I did a detailed review back then. This time around, I will probably write an update, as I doubt much will have changed. I will report back, when I return home.

Thanks for the nice wishes. I appreciate it !

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Lynn !

I will be on Deck 12. I doubt I will be able to get photos of 1200 or 1201 for you (sorry !) but if you search around the boards, there are posts that have photos of the Sky Suite balconies on Deck 12. Thanks for the nice wishes. I appreciate it !

Still hoping to find those pic's of 1200 or 1201 cabin & balcony on Century. Latest search = 0. Any help will be appreciated!:)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Andy,

I will try to get some pictures of 1200 uploaded; I seem to have problems with this, but hope to succeed. 1200 and 1201 are meant for the disabled, which we didn't know when the Celebrity agent booked us. We booked late, so perhaps they knew the suite was not specifically needed.

1372518071_ChristmastoFebruarybreaktrip033.jpg.fa148c5a0073d0d6309cc506ea3e9433.jpg

1481700313_ChristmastoFebruarybreaktrip029.jpg.b5a11fddf923fe4e3804e115ec053d62.jpg

82824434_ChristmastoFebruarybreaktrip030.jpg.c17dfea69871458782989055cd4c5a4d.jpg

963805938_ChristmastoFebruarybreaktrip096.jpg.bca6a70d6cd7c99480ea49c133ef11d8.jpg

1905351886_ChristmastoFebruarybreaktrip097.jpg.d02b4a431c751d47d0e7c1439db763db.jpg

I will try to get some pictures of 1200 uploaded; I seem to have problems with this, but hope to succeed. 1200 and 1201 are meant for the disabled, which we didn't know when the Celebrity agent booked us. We booked late, so perhaps they knew the suite was not specifically needed.

Thanks Trurodoc!

Did you happen to compare balcony size with that of other SS cabins? I understand that 1202-1203 balconies are rather small but wondering about 1200-1201 balcony size compared to standard SS which is supposedly 142 sq ft balcony?

Thanks again,

Thanks Trurodoc!

Did you happen to compare balcony size with that of other SS cabins? I understand that 1202-1203 balconies are rather small but wondering about 1200-1201 balcony size compared to standard SS which is supposedly 142 sq ft balcony?

Thanks again,

Hi, LynnObie

I didn't look closely around the bulkhead at our neighbor's balcony, but saw them briefly in their deck chairs, with room between feet and rail. Our balcony had the extra triangular jog out, so it was easy to see astern. The main part is probably the same size as 1202, and there would be lots of room for the table and chairs, and deck chairs perpendicular to the cabin wall. I now see on the deckplan that 1202 is not wheelchair accessible, but looks as wide as 1201, though both are somewhat less deep than the other SS's. It was clear that the hallway was about 1.5 feet or so wider outside of 1200, 1202 and 1201, 1203. This does show faithfully on the deck plan. Probably 1202 and 1203 have the tubs with shower head and narrower baths than 1200 and 1201. We loved the walk-in shower, however, and didn't miss the tub.

The only downside is that the bulkhead between the balcony and the upper pool deck is not flush with the deck, and mai tai umbrellas, napkins, cigarette butts, etc. blow into the balcony. Might be worse on the port-smoking side. There is also a band by the pool from about 2 pm to at least 6; if you like light reggae, etc., this is OK. The balcony door did keep it out for me, but not quite for my husband, who is more sensitive to noise.

Enjoy your next cruise.

Archived