Are Oceanview cabins BIGGER?

I'm trying to book a trip for Mar 2008 and I have it down to three ships, Carnival Glory, Carnival Triumph, and Carnival Legend. I find some sites that say ocean views are 220ft (with insides being 185ft) and others that say all cabins on these three ships (with the exception of suites) are 185ft. I'll be taking my kids this trip so my thinking is, even though we would save money with an IS, it may be worth the extra money to go OV to get some extra space.

When I look at deckplans, the outside rooms seem longer than insides but more narrow. When I watch the virtual tours side-by-side, the outside looks ALOT larger. Am I just imagining things?

Does anyone know of a website that lists cabin sizes? I've been using cruisedealership but its inconsistant. It will say an outside guarantee is 185 but all outside room categories are listed as 220. If you book an outside guarantee, you're gauranteed that category or better so how do you get a smaller room? Confused.:confused:

you can check ships here http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Carnival/miracle.php my mark is for the Miracle, but I think you can check others.

that feature to check individual cabins costs money.

The triumph-- oceanviews and insides are the same size. the window makes it appear larger.

the other ships-- the oceanview is 220 vs 185 for an inside.

Really--it is not a noticiblke difference. If wanting to pay the price for added light. an inside cabin is super dark 24 hours a day

Yeah...those inside cabins are especially dark when all you're doing is sleeping in them! ;)

I honestly can live without the window. Its a nice bonus but not worth the additional cost. $200+ buys ALOT of pina coladas and corona buckets. An extra forty square feet for two extra bodies...probably worth more than that!

I didn't know you could pay a fee for extra access on carnival. Is that like a TA only feature?

The triumph-- oceanviews and insides are the same size. the window makes it appear larger.

the other ships-- the oceanview is 220 vs 185 for an inside.

According to the link provided by chitown cruisers, triumph is the ONLY one of the three that offers larger OV rooms. GO figure...everything I find is inconsistant.

when we cruised on the Triumph in November, we had to adjoining OV and 1 Inside..... The OV does have more room and is larger, it has a full sized couch in it, while the inside only has a 'wooden' chair. For the price difference I personally would go with the inside....

See ya on the Liberty!

The Triumph, Victory, Destiny, Conquest, Glory, Liberty and Freedom are all the same = ocean view rooms are 220sq ft except the ones on the Spa Dek those are 230 sq ft - Inside and balcony rooms (interior part of room) are all 185 sw ft. Balcony sizes are standard 35 sq ft unless you get one of the bigger ones

cruisedeckplans.com

click- not a member

click- carnival

click- ship

click- 360 degree view

That should give you some help

thanks-=-- that did the trick= i dont want to pay for a site.

Archived