Celebrity Champagne or Perrer Jouet

Jarronwood

Has anyone had both? If so, can someone tell me the different. I adore champagne but theres champers and champers.

At Christmas my boss gave me a vintage bottle of Tattinger which although was nice I do prefer Veuve Cliquot or Moet.

I am def not a champagne connesieur but I do like a drop of champers and I am thinking of ordering a bottle of the Celebrity champers as a bon voyage gift to ME.

Any help would be appreciate -

The Celebrity House champagne is about the equivalent of Korbel. Drinkable but as mentioned better in Mimosa's.

A caveat here: unless you are eating something that sets off the taste go with the house or Korbel. For a simple sailaway its perfectly acceptable. For caviar or some other delicate food, probably doesn't make the grade.

Ok so Perrer Jouet it is.

Just fancy the little extra they offer like the two flutes - but I guess coming from the UK getting them back home again could be a problem.

however, having said that, if I order just a plan old bottle of PJ will they also supply the flutes?

I prob with bring with me a couple of bottles of Veuve Clicquot -

Now Cristal, I have never ever had that. Heard its very very expensive and very difficult to get hold of. Even Posh and Becks when they got married only managed to snag 25 bottles.

:rolleyes: Cynthia and I have found that the 1999 Cristal is not consistently good. We bought six bottles from a CA distributor, tried 2, both of poor quality, and sent the four back. We then bought one at a local World Market, again a 1999, and it was the same. Bitter, unhappy smell, not good. We have had no problems with 1997 vintage.

A less expensive favorite of ours is Moet Imperial...sweet, but nice.

Ciao

:cool:

Archived