Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

I'm sure the shops on board are very similar to other cruises, but on my next cruise, my mother and father-in-laws will be with us. SOmetime during the cruise, I wanted to get something at one of the shops (flower or candy) to have delivered to their room. I wanted to do it there -- and not as a Bon Voyage gift I could purchase ahead of time, as we want to put a longer note with it to be delivered. The message area when ordering online just wasn't big enough :mad: (it's a special trip for all of us).

Anyone know if one of the shops on board can do this? Or have any of you done this before?

Yes you can in the formalities shop you can order flowers

Have fun

We will sail her again In January

I'm sure the shops on board are very similar to other cruises, but on my next cruise, my mother and father-in-laws will be with us. SOmetime during the cruise, I wanted to get something at one of the shops (flower or candy) to have delivered to their room. I wanted to do it there -- and not as a Bon Voyage gift I could purchase ahead of time, as we want to put a longer note with it to be delivered. The message area when ordering online just wasn't big enough :mad: (it's a special trip for all of us).

Anyone know if one of the shops on board can do this? Or have any of you done this before?

Yes, you can have candies, cakes, or flowers delivered. Keep in mind that you will not be able to bring the flowers home with you as it is considered an agricultural product. (Even though they were brought onboard in the US).

Dave

Thanks to everyone giving info! Can anyone post their experience with the slide? long lines? does it have stairs going straight to it? fun, not so fun?

Thanks so much!!

You do not need to climb a ladder to get to the top of the slide. You go up regular stairs. Here are two pictures, one from the top and one from the bottom. The slide can be busy on hot sea days or in the late afternoon when people are back onboard from shore. Usually the line is short. I think the slide is alot of fun. ;)

1061575108043343919S600x600Q85.jpg

1057652075042662588S600x600Q85.jpg

Hi there! I'm sailing on Sunday, and a bit concerned about the weather.

Has anybody heard anything yet about the possibility of a re-route? If not, do they sail around the rain? Or at least try? Not trying to sound stupid, but this was the only time I had to book this cruise and I was really hoping to see some sun.

Thanks-

Julie

Nothing has been announced yet and probably won't be until late Saturday or Sunday. In any event the ship will not sail anywhere near a hurricane. If Dean stays on its projected track you will probably sail to the eastern Gulf of Mexico away from the storm.

You may skip MoBay and have a day at sea. You may have Key West substituted for MoBay, or you may call on Mobay and arrive late, either by sailing around Cuba, or waiting until Dean has passed beyond the channel between Cuba and the Yucatan.

If seas are rough or Grand Cayman has been hit hard it is possible you may not be able to tender there. If Cozumel gets hammered again you may not be able to stop there either. These are worst case scenarios. Hopefully you have a nice sea day and miss Jamaica and all else goes well.

Keep an open mind and hope for the best. As Jimmy Buffet has said, there's no way to reason with hurricane season. :)

In the ports that Conquest visits, is it better to use US or local currency?

All the ports will accept US currency for the usual tourist trade places, souvenir stores, restaurants etc. In Montego Bay and Cozumel some, but not all vendors will will give you change in local currency. For this reason it is a good idea to take along a pack of $1 bills. In Grand Cayman, the Cayman dollar is pegged to the US dollar at a rate of $1.00 US is the equivalent of $0.80 cents Cayman. This means that the prices you see unless explicitly saying US dollars are actually 25% higher. Change is not a problem in Georgetown. Every store we have entered accepts major credit cards and/or makes change in both currencies.

Bring about $100 singles for your Conquest cruise. They are useful for tipping, room service and reducing foreign change in ports.

Is travel insurance worth it and where would I look for it? Thanks.

There are tons of threads about insurance, one is floating around on page one or two of this board. Read them for a wealth of opinions about insurance.

Is Anyone else going? Does anyone have any suggestions for excursions in the Cayman Islands?

Your roll call is located here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=483829

We loved the Nativeways Rays, Reef, and Rumpoint tour. There are many companies that do the stingray tour. Soto's was great and I've heard the Captain Marvin's is great too.

Is Anyone else going? Does anyone have any suggestions for excursions in the Cayman Islands?

Depends....

Are you traveling with kids or just adults. I would strongly suggest the beach (7 mile or Rum Point) and or the stingray snorkle tour (with older kids 10+). If you have younger kids, I would suggest the beach too, but also thePirate Excursion and the submarine tour. We will probably do the Pirate tour on our next conqest tour. Have a great time!!!!!!! :D

Can you take food to your room from the buffets or pizzeria? How would you carry this food? I don't want to violate etiquette by carrying around tupperware. This will be my first cruise and I'm excited about it.

NO, NO!!!!:eek: You don't have to bring your Tupperware aboard...LOL!but you CAN just carry a tray or just a plate back to your room. :p Or better yet, you could just order room service (it's free too!) But, either way, we have brought pizza, drinks, danish', etc back to our room to eat!!! Have a great trip!!!!:D

You might consider the Atlantis Submarine adventure. It's WAY cool, not too pricey and besides, how often do you get to sail on a real submarine!

You can save a few bucks, fifteen or twenty, booking online with Atlantis...

http://www.atlantisadventures.com/caribbean.cfm

You might consider the Atlantis Submarine adventure. It's WAY cool, not too pricey and besides, how often do you get to sail on a real submarine!

You can save a few bucks, fifteen or twenty, booking online with Atlantis...

http://www.atlantisadventures.com/caribbean.cfm

Thanks for the insight! That looks cool! I will have to check into it for my next cruise with kids....:D They would love it!!!!

I'm going on my first cruise in two weeks. I'll be in cabin 8211, 8C, on the Verandah deck. Is this good? Will we have a good view? What are the positives and negatives?

Looks AWESOME!!!! Meybe you will get a good view on an Gorgeous :p Italian Ship Officer from the Bridge!!!!:eek: Sorry!

ANyway, to the point, it should be great! And since you are not under the main Lido deck where the pools and stuff are, it should be quieter than some of the other rooms on this floor. Have a great time.....and enjoy your balcony and its view....:p