Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

yst347,

Thank you for the traffic web page. And thank you for your thoughts.

You are most welcome. We have sailed Conquest twice and enjoyed both trips immensely. I hope your voyage will be the same. I also hope you enjoy your brief stay in our part of the country.:)

We are arriving on Saturday and going on the Conquest on Sunday. With that in mind, sorry I did not specify, should I still take 8 all the way to 45? Or does it matter on Saturday. I have no real interest in going through Houston. I know how things can back up. Quicker to Galveston the best!!

True..if you come on Saturday Houston won't be quite so bad. I totally forgot about the toll booths on 8 haha..that's what I get for having an "EZtag" which (I forgot) you obviously wouldn't have cause you're not from the Houston area!

Do whatever seems best to you! Either way you'll get there and even if ya got stuck in traffic...on Sunday when you're on that ship you won't even remember it :) !!!

We are going with Captain Marvin's on the full day snorkling, stingray, conch dive and lunch. Anyone taken that? Do the video? How much of the trip? How much do they cost? Any stills? Thanks

The video was $50 or $60 and WELL WORTH IT. Not only did they video the guests, but they also taped the fish and corals. A large Patriot fish that my wife though she got a pic of was caught on the video. No sound since the camera is encased, but the sound track was nice. We got about 45 minutes of video for a [Gilligan theme]three hour tour[/Gilligan theme].

No still shots. You're on your own for that.

I haven't stayed at the Harbor House - yet, but will prior to My Feb 10 cruise. We booked Sat night prior to cruise for $97 with AAA discount and was told cruise parking would be $20 extra for the week. I understand the walk is a few blocks. We have several people staying there on our cruise and will probably take luggage and most cruisers over early, return to park and the drivers then walk over.

Does anyone know how much EZ park is? do they charge per day or per trip?

We will be going on a Conquest cruise in December, and would love to know about the dancing venues on the ship. Can anyone tell me what kinds of music and dance clubs there are on the Conquest? Are there any that have older, standard music...not just disco and rock? Getting too old for that! :p

Thanks...

What is standard music? (so that I might be able to answer your question better)

The easiest way to describe what I'm talking about is by telling you what it's not...hip-hop, rock, disco. I'm thinking of basic ballroom type dancing and any music that goes with that. We foxtrot, waltz, rumba, swing, etc. I LOVE latin dances and we can dance to country, but it's not my preference. Does that help? Thanks!

We are new to this site and wonder how old the Conquest is. We did a Carnival cruise a few years ago and are considering the Conquest. But we would like to try a new ship with all the bells and whistles.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Here's the ship's info from Carnival's site: www.carnival.com/Ship_Detail.aspx?shipCode=CQ

The ship was built in 2002. I cruised on her last year. and noticed very little wear and tear.

Alfred's Bar might have some of those styles. I know they have live music, and play jazz. I think they might play classical. They have a small area that could be used as a dance floor (if you don't mind dancing alone) : )

The jazz may work. Is it what would be considered a big band? You know, trumpet, trombone, saxophone, etc. And as for being the only ones on the dance floor...No problem!

Does Conquest hand out a Carnival poster to each couple in the dining room on the last night like Celebration did? Nice large poster and we had our dining room waiter and assistant sign them. Thanks

they did when i was on the conquest in March....they were like a nice watercolor painting of sort...