Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

have not sailed carnival before but have booked the conquest for nov 30th . have been hal rcl and princes liked them all. one ? does room safe have key pad or does it take a credit card on the conquest ?

Any card with a magnetic strip will work, I actually used an old sail and sign card.

I have no plans on checking in at work--it's coming with me--my family! But my future BIL will need to check in once in a while with work and his kids. I know Conquest has an internet cafe and from this spread it seems that there are WiFi areas. Correct? He's bringing his laptop. Does anyone know the charges to use these services?

Happy Cruising!

I don't remember exactly but I think I paid around $50. last time for about 150 minutes. You can usually get an extra few minutes free if you buy a package or sign up the first day. The entire atrium is a hot spot, as well as the area on lido deck around the big pool. There are probably other hot spots. The internet cafe is buried in the back of a bar aft on either deck 3 or 4. Inconvenient location, so the laptop is a good idea.

We are cruising on Conquest later this year with our son, who will be 15 years old when we take this trip. I was wondering what teen-only shore excursions have been offered recently; in particular what they did, what they cost, and how safe they were. Thanks for any info you can provide.

Does anyone remember the Debarkation order? Trying to decide whether we should carry our luggage off...we are driving and on a lower level deck.

First they call the folks with flights then they call the people who are doing the self-assist (that's what we did) and we were in our car in the parking lot at 7:50 am and on the way home. I highly recommend the self-assist option.:)

Does anyone know if the Conquest has theme nights? Hawaiian, Mardi Gras etc...??? If so, what type of themes???
They were doing a Mardi Gras party I think on the Wednesday night.

The Mardi Gras party is Tuesday night before arriving in MoBay.

Does anyone have any capers.. recent ones?? email me at brokenangel043@yahoo.com

also i'm a diabetic should i bring my glucagon in cause something happens or do they have stuff there??

If you are diabetic...you should always carry Glucagon with you...do you wear in id bracelet identifying you as diabetic? What if something happened in port or away from the med services...better to be prepared...

Does anyone remember the Debarkation order? Trying to decide whether we should carry our luggage off...we are driving and on a lower level deck.

We were on Conquest August of 2007. We were also driving. As we only live a couple of hours from the port, we decided NOT to do the self assist and debark at a comfortable pace. We left our stateroom as late as possible (but still being considerate the the cabin steward who needed to clean it), had a late relaxing breakfast in the Monet Dining room and took some last minute photos of the interior of the ship without all the crowds to get in the way. We were one of the last to leave the ship (wish we could have stayed). Once in the terminal, we got a porter who bypassed the HUGE self assist line, and we out and to our car in plenty of time. We were home by 1:00 p.m.

Our approach may not work for everyone, but it was nice to realize that we did not have to hurry and get to enjoy the ship for just a little bit longer. One of the couples traveling with us left the ship early by doing the self assist and still only beat us home by about 30 minutes.

Does anyone know if the Conquest has theme nights? Hawaiian, Mardi Gras etc...??? If so, what type of themes???

Mardi Gras night and after Coz we had a bathrobe sail away night. I think it varies by CD and Marc Price is leaving the conquest within a month. Look for Wee Jimmy to take over.

We checked our bags and were on Deck 8. It seems to be pretty random, but we were off and through customs by 9:30 and the longest wait we had was for the shuttle to the rental car.

we were truly happy with both the embarkation and debarkation process.

The Mardi Gras party is Tuesday night before arriving in MoBay.

LOL- would make more sense if they did it on the Tuesday instead of the Wednesday. Mardi Gras - Fat Tuesday! Sorry, still going through all my Mardi ras pictures from this last year!! I love living in the south! Glad we get to kind of do it twice this year. Should we bring our own excess beads to share?? Anyone know what they did durign the party?

we had friends in 7203, same type of room I think. They loved it. The secret deck is right there to the front of your room and they called it their semi-private balcony.

I am not sure why they consider those doors as secret doors, they are pretty clearly marked and accesable.

I am not sure why they consider those doors as secret doors, they are pretty clearly marked and accesable.

The secret doors are on Fantasy class ships. They are located on either side of the stage past the service bars and lead to a forward observation deck.

Alot of people here call the doors leading to the forward observation decks "secret" by extension. You are absolutely right though, there is nothing secret about them. They are clearly marked and are simply doors like any others.