Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

Hi Everyone,

I have a few quick questions that I would love to have answered if possible. We sail next week. that would be 9 and a quarter days. We are super excited :D .

* Does anyone have a list of spa/salon prices? In particular a massage, nails and formal hair up-do. I'm planning to do a lot of self-pampering on this cruise!

* Has anyone stayed in cabin 8298? I think its on the Verandah deck. any pro's/cons to this deck?

*Is formal night still truly formal? I want to dress up but do not want to look out of place at the same time!

Thanks everyone :)

Kat

Hey, I'm sorry if this is a duplicate, but I've tried the search function several times to no avail...and this thread is now 117 pages long, and I still don't know if my question has been asked.

On to the question:

Has anyone stayed in room 2470 or 2473. These are 6A cabins but they are supposedly larger and have two windows versus the traditional one. We are sailing May 10, 2009 and I'm just curious about people who have actually stayed in one of these rooms. Thanks

Cabin 8298 is a standard balcony cabin that can accommodate three people. There will be two twin beds which can be pushed together to make one queen bed, and a sofa that converts to a bed. The location is excellent. Located midship between the atrium elevator bank and the middle elevator bank, navigating the ship from here should be quick and easy.

The most common complaint about the Verandah deck is noise from the Lido above. This should not be an issue with 8298. The cabin is far enough forward to be under the stadium area of the Lido. Some noise might be heard from the balcony but I doubt this will present any bother.

Cabins 2470 and 2473 are odd-shaped cabins on the aft corners of Main deck. They do appear to be larger than standard 6B's but I have never stayed in one. It does look like they will have more than one window. Please let us know more about these cabins when you return.

Happy Cruising All!:)

Hi Everyone,

I have a few quick questions that I would love to have answered if possible. We sail next week. that would be 9 and a quarter days. We are super excited :D .

* Does anyone have a list of spa/salon prices? In particular a massage, nails and formal hair up-do. I'm planning to do a lot of self-pampering on this cruise!

* Has anyone stayed in cabin 8298? I think its on the Verandah deck. any pro's/cons to this deck?

*Is formal night still truly formal? I want to dress up but do not want to look out of place at the same time!

Thanks everyone :)

Kat

Hey CollieKat, fellow 5/18 Conquest Cruiser. :) I checked Mach's link of great info and if you go here http://files.filefront.com/Sea+Days+Spapdf/;8718038;/fileinfo.html (cut and paste) or back to post 73 on our roll call, you can navigate to a downloadable pdf of the sea day spa prices. They're from 10/07, but I don't think the prices should have changed much, if at all and they will have deals on the port days.

I read in a recent Conquest review (April 08) that formal nights included everything from evening gowns to sundresses. This was my experience on the Miracle last November. You should be fine in whatever you choose to wear, so have fun dressing up. :)

Cabins 2470 and 2473 are odd-shaped cabins on the aft corners of Main deck. They do appear to be larger than standard 6B's but I have never stayed in one. It does look like they will have more than one window. Please let us know more about these cabins when you return.

Happy Cruising All!:)

Post #8 has pics of 2470. Looks like one huge cabin. Id love to have it. Yes, it has two windows and is larger than regular 220 s.f. OVs.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=761018

Hey, I'm sorry if this is a duplicate, but I've tried the search function several times to no avail...and this thread is now 117 pages long, and I still don't know if my question has been asked.

On to the question:

Has anyone stayed in room 2470 or 2473. These are 6A cabins but they are supposedly larger and have two windows versus the traditional one. We are sailing May 10, 2009 and I'm just curious about people who have actually stayed in one of these rooms. Thanks

2470 is HUGE! My friends stayed in it last year. There are 2 windows and a ton of floor space.

I believe it is Wee Jimmy (Ralph Volente)... I don't know for how long but I do know that he will be from now until our cruise June 22. There was a website someone posted that had the exact dates.... maybe someone will share. HTH! :)

Hello Everyone,

I am still needing help!!

If you don't mind Iam looking for in formation from a page on this thread - not sure maybe 466-468 . Fierefly had a post with a link telling a few of us to check a photo from post #8. I was wondering if that photo was from the Conquest ship.

Please help me if you can!!!

Thank You,

Julie

Hello Everyone,

I am still needing help!!

If you don't mind Iam looking for in formation from a page on this thread - not sure maybe 466-468 . Fierefly had a post with a link telling a few of us to check a photo from post #8. I was wondering if that photo was from the Conquest ship.

Please help me if you can!!!

Thank You,

Julie

Hi Julie, I put together a slideshow of our Conquest trip from Feb 2008. Enjoy!

http://www.dotphoto.com/go.asp?l=otterfun&AID=5202794&Show=Y&Show=Y&p=

Hey firefly,

The photos from post #8 [ Glory ] will they be the same on the conquest?

If firefly doesn't see this post I would appreciate help from anyone .

Thanks so much.

Julie

Hi Julie, checking in and just saw your post.

I posted this on some thread?? dont remember which, but you need a cabin that holds 3 or 4 you said so none of these cabins can by booked because they only hold 2 unless you change your mind about booking more than 2 to a cabin. I suggested looking at the 6Es you mentioned, as they hold up to 4 and have the floor to ceiling windows on Conquest.

I apologize for being kind of a smart aleck to you yesterday. I was starting to feel like you werent hearing me but should have found another way to get your attention.

Hi everyone! My husband and I are cruising on the Conquest in Jan for our anniversary. We will be doing dinner in the Supper club the night after our Anniversary since Formal night is our anniversary. I was wondering if anyone has had dinner in the Supper club. Was it any good? Also I will be getting my hair done in the salon for both formal night and the supper club night. Is the salon worth it ladies? I just don't want to lug my curlers with me and my DH said I could pamper myself and get it done.

Thanks in advance.

Hi from a ship jumper from the other Galveston based cruise line :D I have a couple questions that im hoping some of you fine folks can answer:

What are the perks of reserving a suite on Conquest?

What is the difference between the Cat 11 and 12 Suites?

We are considering Conquest next year for a family of 4, possibly 5 if DS is married by then. We're undecided between two balcony cabins and one large suite.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi from a ship jumper from the other Galveston based cruise line :D I have a couple questions that im hoping some of you fine folks can answer:

What are the perks of reserving a suite on Conquest?

What is the difference between the Cat 11 and 12 Suites?

We are considering Conquest next year for a family of 4, possibly 5 if DS is married by then. We're undecided between two balcony cabins and one large suite.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The only perk is you get VIP boarding if it is available.

If you can find one, the 9A wraps are larger than the category 11 suites and more preferable to most. The difference in 11 and 12, is size, balcony and inside the suite is bigger.

If you can find it, look for a nice 9A with a 8 balcony next to it with an extended balcony. The extended balconys on the aft are about twice as deep as a regular balcony. The suites arent like on RCL where you will have a concierge, unfortunately and you dont get 2 cruise credits like for a JS or higher, just get on faster and off faster and on tenders faster, if there is a line. Not worth much to me.

So I know many people have been on a cruise before and have gone through the whole rescue drill before each cruise. This will be my very first cruise and I was wondering how does this whole exercise work and how do they know that all of the passengers are there because I am sure there are thousands on every cruise? And I plan on getting one of those temp tattoos on the ship do they stay on even when you get into the pool or any kind of water for that matter?