Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

I wondered if any recent Conquest cruisers can tell me what food they serve for "Elegant" night? Is it still Lobster? and then what else?

thanks!

They offer lobster and prime rib in addition to other choices such as the Spa entrees.

I live pretty close...and in all real Galveston did not get the worst of it all. It is BAD where my aunt lived and our cabin was...Gilcrest and Crystal Beach. There is NOTHING left I MEAN NOTHING. Galveston made out pretty well. They have alot of good hotels there. Have a wonderful time...BTW....We love Arkansas....we always goto Plainview...near Russelville (sp)

We felt "lucky" to stay at the Guidos Sea Side Inn- on the sea wall, Saturday before our Cruise. It was nice, no complaints at all. We happened to get a very good rate due to the hurricane too (I guess). They offer free cruise parking, but not sure how secure it would be. We had pre-paid at E-Z cruise already.

Galveston looked good, for the most part. You can see some destruction, and piles of debris needed to be picked up, but they have made a lot of progress, most especially on the sea wall and will continue to do so. It's not back 100%, but we enjoyed our pre-cruise overnight in Galveston. It was good to be "back" since the hurricane, and to see how much they have accomplished already. It's good to see them "bouncing back"- though clearly, there is still evidence they have been through a hurricane.

I wanted to give everyone sailing on the Conquest a heads up that the internet cafe was having some technical difficulties on our cruise (10/26-11/2). I personally confirmed that it was down the 10/29-11/1, but another couple told us it had been down the entire week. They said they were particularly miffed because they had mentioned it to a few crew members who had told them their internet access was still working. Maybe someone on the 11/2 cruise can confirm if they resolved the issue when they get back.

No, the issue has not be resolved. I tried several times, but just finally gave up.

Don't think there will be alcohol until sail away. Could be wrong....

When we went in September, only domestic beer was available at the bars until the ship got into international waters. For some reason, Michelob Ultra was not considered a domestic beer. Of course if you are using Rum Runners, your favorite beverage can be available as soon as your bags arrive at your cabin. :D

I wondered if any recent Conquest cruisers can tell me what food they serve for "Elegant" night? Is it still Lobster? and then what else?

thanks!

We had filet mignon that was very hard to cut and chew on the 2nd formal night. It wasn't tough really, maybe just way undercooked, like it hadn't thawed all the way & they tried to cook it too fast. Or something...

It didn't look really red and bloody, though.

We're sailing from Galveston on January 4th. I was wondering if someone who has returned from Galveston could tell me if they had a hard time finding a hotel with cruise parking to leave their vehicle since Hurricane Ike destroyed so much of Galveston. We love Galveston! :) How does it look around there now?

In Oct 06' date=' I stayed at a La Quinta somewhere above 80th and Seawall Blvd. You might want to check out www.lq.com to what the chain has available. You can leave your car there and take the hotel shuttle, but parking will be in the open spaces.

My room was very spacious and comfortable for $85-90 the night I stayed. There was a decent selection for breakfast in the area to the right of the check-in desk (when you're facing it).

James

Edited by TexBear

2006 Ordered liquor from Bon Voyage department to be delivered to cabin. Wasn't there when we arrived, and was told it couldn't be delivered until we left Texas (blue laws).

2008 Ordered liquor from Bon Voyage to be delivered to cabin. Expecting it to be delivered after leaving Texas, we got a huge surprise..... It had already been delivered. WOOHOO!!!!!

I asked in my roll call, but no one was positive. I'm heading out on the Conquest Dec 28.

What nights are the formal nights? They thought Tues Dec 30th & Thurs Jan 1.

What night is the previous guest party?

What time is the previous guest party?

Thanks in advance!!

I asked in my roll call, but no one was positive. I'm heading out on the Conquest Dec 28.

Thanks in advance!!

Formal: Monday and Thurs;

Past Guest- Saturday, we went at 4:00, but they had another one too, @5:30 I think.

Hope this helps. We just arrived back on Sunday. We had a blast, hate to come home- blah.

Thanks in advance!!

I've sailed her twice recently, you can check my blog for details. That being said it can be changed from cruise to cruise especially if there is a holiday. They seem to have moved the past guest party to the last sea day and they usually have two different events and times.

Formal: Monday and Thurs;

Past Guest- Saturday, we went at 4:00, but they had another one too, @5:30 I think.

Hope this helps. We just arrived back on Sunday. We had a blast, hate to come home- blah.

Helps a BUNCH!! Can't help you with post-cruise blues though. Sorry about that!

Off to work on my planning some more. :D

I've sailed her twice recently, you can check my blog for details. That being said it can be changed from cruise to cruise especially if there is a holiday. They seem to have moved the past guest party to the last sea day and they usually have two different events and times.

Hi, and thanks for the reply! I'm not much of a blog reader but I have been reading trip reports here on the board. One from Mach (i think I spelled that right) from a recent trip had the Captain's reception on Monday. Again, I think it was Monday. It had a funny acronym like the 'She Who must be obeyed' that a friend of mine uses for his wife. :p

Would you happen to know if the reception is Monday? I forgot to ask ^^ up there with my other questions!

Oh, I do get that it can vary, too :-) But I'm just looking for "usual/regular/normal" ya know? :)

TIA,

Sherry

Hi, and thanks for the reply! I'm not much of a blog reader but I have been reading trip reports here on the board. One from Mach (i think I spelled that right) from a recent trip had the Captain's reception on Monday. Again, I think it was Monday. It had a funny acronym like the 'She Who must be obeyed' that a friend of mine uses for his wife. :p

Would you happen to know if the reception is Monday? I forgot to ask ^^ up there with my other questions!

Oh, I do get that it can vary, too :-) But I'm just looking for "usual/regular/normal" ya know? :)

TIA,

Sherry

When we sailed in June the Captains party was on Mon, same night as 1st formal night.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anybody know if the Conquest has fruit punch?

I was so bummed when I read that they have removed the fruit punch from all the other ships but I have read on other ships that they still have it and on other ships they don't.

We went on the Conquest October 26 and they did not have the fruit punch.:(

Does anybody know if the Conquest has fruit punch?

I was so bummed when I read that they have removed the fruit punch from all the other ships but I have read on other ships that they still have it and on other ships they don't.

No fruit punch on our cruise either