Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

ADD BOY,

Were you saying the upgrades consisted of new carpet, painting in some areas plus the new poolside TV and the floor to ceiling OV's that were converted to balconies? I would love to gear from someone who stayed on the spa deck.Hw about some photos, pretty please.

JK

We have a spa deck cabin, starting Sunday. We will definitely come back and report...about EVERYTHING!!!:D

Hi Joan...see you Sunday!!!!!

Edited by CenTexGal

Hi Joan...see you Sunday!!!!!

Hey there, Sandy. I'm ready to cruise! Julie, we'll check on dance classes and water aerobics. Sandy has one of those converted balconies so we'll see if an umbrella can be attached to the chair or not.

Hey, Sandy, why don't you take a picture of your balcony and chairs. That would help.

We'll come back with a complete report of the cruise.

Joan

ADD BOY,

Were you saying the upgrades consisted of new carpet, painting in some areas plus the new poolside TV and the floor to ceiling OV's that were converted to balconies? I would love to gear from someone who stayed on the spa deck.Hw about some photos, pretty please.

JK

Hey Julie, that is what I read from multiple sources on these boards and from my PVP when I booked. But it sounds like they didn't upgrade the tvs. I'm dying for a LOOOOONG review and some pics!

This is from DaCruiserFromtheATX on the Conquest Feb1 Roll Call:

The upgrades consisted of new carpet and paint in some areas. Alsothe TV people are melting over and changed the floor to ceiling window rooms on deck 11 to Balconies. No mongolian grill and someone was asking who was the person playing in the piano room. His name was milburn and was ok but i have seen better. Sorry to all at the pub crawl that i couldn't stay with yall but i was very tired. Atleast i showed up though more then i can say about some others who said they were gonna be there. Cruise was ok I have had better and I have had worse. Could never get in Hot Tubs at the main Lido deck due to Kids being in it all the time. Must be nice to get to take days off during school time to go on cruises. My how times have changed since i as a kid. Tv was cool but i must say if i walked out there and saw the Miley Cyrus video one more time i would have hung myself.Food was good Cayman Islands excursion was cancelled due to cool weather and high winds. Jamaica was good. Cozumel was great of course met some friends and drank all day long.

- I also saw that harleydudesat said there was not a flat screen tv in her cabin, just regular CRT; wonder if some of the anticipated upgrades were cut back due to cost constraints???

did they do any type of open seating at dinner time?

We (Me, Wife, Son 14 and daughter 11) upgraded from an Ocean View Room to a Balcony Room Room 8248. Was this a good decision?:confused: I've read here and been told that a balcony is the way to go.

My wife and I had a balcony and will always book one now. One of the coolest days of our cruise into Jamaica there were dolphins along side the ship. We would also sit and watch the flying fish jumping out of our wake (we were towards the front of the ship) in 1042.

I've only had one balcony but I loved it. I have booked a balcony on the Conquest in September and can hardly wait. You won't be sorry you upgraded.

JK

Julie are you still cruising with us in Sept??? Or did you change weeks?? We haven't seen ya in a while on the crazies.

We have gone on three RC inside cabin cruises....but want to take advantage of early booking prices on for balcony's on Carnival...

I understand all dining rooms and buffets are on the back of the ship...so would 6449, 6481, or 6438 be good choices for a good balcony view on the back of the ship?

I was reading the Thread "ROOKIE MISTAKES" and wondered if I had been making this one???

They said SUSHI was free? I see the sushi bar in the promenade area, is it free? I guess since it is all alone, I figured you had to pay like you do at the coffee bar?:confused:

Edited by 232271

I was reading the Thread "ROOKIE MISTAKES" and wondered if I had been making this one???

They said SUSHI was free? I see the sushi bar in the promenade area, is it free? I guess since it is all alone, I figured you had to pay like you do at the coffee bar?:confused:

yes, SUSHI is free but they only had four pieces available at any given time. It was a good snack and sometimes the line was long

Sushi is free, but if you want Saki it costs a lil bit. like $4.50 for a little carafe. Skip the saki.

Sixgun8,

I am still cruising 9/20/09, that group is hard to keep up with and I have two jobs both with the school district. My oldest daughter is getting married 2/27/09 and that keeps me busy, It should be a fun cruise.

JK

Good news. Heck, don't worry about keeping up with us, just jump in and say hey. It's a new conversation nearly daily.

Some have asked about accomodations in Galveston. According to the Houston Chronicle today:

The Harbor House on Pier 21 is now open. Elevator service will be reinstated in mid-April. Room rates are $89-$149. http://www.harborhousepier21.com

The Olympia Restaurant at Pier 21 is scheduled to open in Mar or June.

The Tremont House hotel is expected to reopen in May. http://www.galveston.com/thetremonthouse

elizabeth

[quote name='gwinel']Some have asked about accomodations in Galveston. According to the Houston Chronicle today:

The Harbor House on Pier 21 is now open. Elevator service will be reinstated in mid-April. Room rates are $89-$149. [url]www.harborhousepier21.com[/url]

The Olympia Restaurant at Pier 21 is scheduled to open in Mar or June.

The Tremont House hotel is expected to reopen in May. [url]www.galveston.com/thetremonthouse[/url]

elizabeth[/QUOTE]

I tried several times but their website says that you have to stay 2 nights. Bummer- we'd stay in a flash but won't be there two nights. And the rates on the website are way more than that- $225. Edited by 5waldos
add note

[quote name='5waldos']I tried several times but their website says that you have to stay 2 nights. Bummer- we'd stay in a flash but won't be there two nights. And the rates on the website are way more than that- $225.[/QUOTE]My DW and I stay at the Galveston on the Beach Holiday Inn. They have a park and cruise package where you can stay for one night and leave your car in their lot for up to 14 days. We've stayed there two times, once before Ike and once after.

Price seems to vary a bit, cheapest price we had was around $120.00 and the most expensive price was $139.00. No special security fences around their parking lot, but we never leave anything in the car to tempt anyone. We have enjoyed our previous stays with them and plan on staying again in April.

[quote name='SuzyQCruise']We have gone on three RC inside cabin cruises....but want to take advantage of early booking prices on for balcony's on Carnival...

I understand all dining rooms and buffets are on the back of the ship...so would 6449, 6481, or 6438 be good choices for a good balcony view on the back of the ship?[/quote]

Suzy Q,
dh & I stayed in cabin 6450 for our cruise. we loved that room. it was only 2 of us so it worked out okay for us. there was no sofa and the cabin is configured a little different because of the crew stairs. but the benefit was a double the size balcony for regular balcony price. We actually tried to book this same cabin again, but it was already taken :(
I had no problems with noise or anything like that. the only thing was it's a looooooooooooooong walk to your cabin everytime!

The double balcony sounds great...I would assume any of those in that row would have a good view. The long walk could be tedious, but if you were on the front of the ship...you would have to walk even further to get to the dining at the back

I read about lifeboats obscuring balcony views way back in this forum, but didn't note where or what deck they were...anyone have that info?