Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

Everyone and everywhere that you might go will more than likely take the beloved American dollar. So no worries about exchanging. Just remember to keep small bills handy.

Yes. Take lots of 1s & 5s. They will also accept a Visa...but we have to pay 3% extra to Visa.

Yes. Take lots of 1s & 5s. They will also accept a Visa...but we have to pay 3% extra to Visa.

I think some of the local excursions may charge in dollars and not have a currency conversion charge. Also using a cc allows you to protest the charge if something goes wrong. So cash is king but a cc can have advantages for certain charges.

Has anyone stayed in cabin 8406 or category 4F? Is it noisy? It shows to be right under the restaurant on the lido deck.

had 8365, just a bit mid and other side of the ship and we didn't notice anything, but we were with the crowd that would cause the problem first of all???

Need opinions on best places to shop as far as each port is concerned. Like which port is the cheapest or best and for what. Going on Western route.

Thanks!!!!

Kirks Freeport in Grand Cayman for luxury watches/jewelry items.

Need opinions on best places to shop as far as each port is concerned. Like which port is the cheapest or best and for what. Going on Western route.

Thanks!!!!

cruise critic has a ports of call area with lots of info collected. That will help you narrow things down.

I know to get a manicure & pedicure (no massage, no paraffin) total is was $110 I believe. I can get a better pedi at home for half the price. They have 2 pedi chairs that face the windows up in the spa room. You can definately feel the motion more up there. It was a bit rocky the day I got mine in May. Before the ship leaves the dock on embarkation day, they will have a raffle. Make sure you attend and sign up to receive all the discount & special notices in your cabin. I'd wait till you see the deal you want. I took the first day specials and it seems like they offered better deals as the cruise went on.

Does anyone know the cost of internet usage on the ship. I just got laid off and have to claim benefits while I am on the ship. I know this sounds crazy but my cruise is in 16 days. I cannot use internet in port, the day I have to claim is on a sea day. I only need it for 5 or 10 min at the very most.

Does anyone know the cost of internet usage on the ship. I just got laid off and have to claim benefits while I am on the ship. I know this sounds crazy but my cruise is in 16 days. I cannot use internet in port, the day I have to claim is on a sea day. I only need it for 5 or 10 min at the very most.

I was on the Conquest 5/16- 5/23. I also had to claim benefits and I had no problem in the internet cafe - took a few minutes (I don't remember exactly how much, but it was under $10.00 - the total minutes and amount came up after logging out). I did this on the first day, so I wouldn't forget. I also called Sprint and had it enabled to make international calls and took my information to call my claim in just in case. Have a good vacation and put worries aside - I had a wonderful time!:cool::cool:

This thread is really long (I think I have read it all--but please forgive me if this has been covered)--

What kind of safes do they have on the Conquest? Do they use a magnetic strip or can you put in a numerical code?

Thanks y'all

Elena

This thread is really long (I think I have read it all--but please forgive me if this has been covered)--

What kind of safes do they have on the Conquest? Do they use a magnetic strip or can you put in a numerical code?

Thanks y'all

Elena

Magnetic strip

Hello ALL!!!

Been on the Conquest, in a balcony before. Is there a big difference in a 9A and reg balcony. I have found pics of the room but these were taken in '05 and I beleive ??? the ship has been refurbished since then?

Also, puter service. Anyone know if its worth taking laptop, price, ect. or just use the internet cafe?

Yes, there is a HUGH difference in balcony size, between the aft balconies and the aft-wrap. The price difference is worth it to us, but everyone is different.

We were in cabin 7444 on our first cruise, cabin 6483 last year. We loved the cabin/balcony so much, that I booked 6483 for this year, three days after getting home from Galveston.

I took my laptop last year, but they were having tons of trouble with the internet connection; so I never even booted it up.

we just booked the conquest for july 12. we have been assigned to 'open dining' and waitlisted for early seating.

do you know which dining room accommodates 'open dining' and between whaqt times? do you sit with someone different every night?

any info would be appreciated.

thanks!

we just booked the conquest for july 12. we have been assigned to 'open dining' and waitlisted for early seating.

do you know which dining room accommodates 'open dining' and between whaqt times? do you sit with someone different every night?

any info would be appreciated.

thanks!

We were on the conquest in April and the Renoir dining room was for open dining. I think it started at 6 and lasted until 8 or 8:30. You just show up and get seated like you were at a regular restraunt. We had late seating in the Monet. I would have prefered the Renoir because it is mid ship and there is less movement. I get sick sitting at the back of the ship.

I have a inside booked for 7/19. Just found out that this room only accomodates 2 people (no problem here only my DH and I). I was just wondering if the room is smaller than other inside rooms? It is 2205.

Thanks!!!

I know to get a manicure & pedicure (no massage, no paraffin) total is was $110 I believe. I can get a better pedi at home for half the price. They have 2 pedi chairs that face the windows up in the spa room. You can definately feel the motion more up there. It was a bit rocky the day I got mine in May. Before the ship leaves the dock on embarkation day, they will have a raffle. Make sure you attend and sign up to receive all the discount & special notices in your cabin. I'd wait till you see the deal you want. I took the first day specials and it seems like they offered better deals as the cruise went on.

Great info! Thanks :)