Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

Just posted this on my roll call...I put in a bid for hotel at houston hobby on priceline for saturday October 10th...had my 49 dollar bid accepted by the Airport Marriott!...how bout that.Now have to decide if we use the carnival transfer from the airport sunday or get our own shuttle. either way great deal on the room that is listing for 89.00!

Just posted this on my roll call...I put in a bid for hotel at houston hobby on priceline for saturday October 10th...had my 49 dollar bid accepted by the Airport Marriott!...how bout that.Now have to decide if we use the carnival transfer from the airport sunday or get our own shuttle. either way great deal on the room that is listing for 89.00!

Great deal!:D

Don't use the Carnival transfer unless you want to get on the ship late in the day! (right before muster drill).:mad:

Love, Elena

(we did it and it's the one thing we would not do again)

Don't use the Carnival transfer unless you want to get on the ship late in the day! (right before muster drill).:mad:

Love, Elena

(we did it and it's the one thing we would not do again)

great! makes the decision easy...appreciate the heads up

I just got off the Conquest this past Sunday from the Western Itinerary and I've got the week's capers. I'll get them scanned and emailed to you with Conquest Capers in the subject line.

Jennifer

Patiently waiting...I am looking forward to them. :D

Thanx.

Please email me the capers (western itinerary) to kmmayeux@netscape.net (thanks!)

Also, aft extended balcony - empress deck....good & bad about them? Will we have a hair dryer, fridge? Ample storage room (I tend to over pack for a 4 day can't imagine a 7 day).

Anything to definitely not miss about this ship? First time on Conquest class ship...

We have late dining (which was our request) - how was the food? Do they have any "adult" area like the serenity deck on Fantasy?

Thanks!

Please email me the capers (western itinerary) to kmmayeux@netscape.net (thanks!)

Also, aft extended balcony - empress deck....good & bad about them? Will we have a hair dryer, fridge? Ample storage room (I tend to over pack for a 4 day can't imagine a 7 day).

Anything to definitely not miss about this ship? First time on Conquest class ship...

We have late dining (which was our request) - how was the food? Do they have any "adult" area like the serenity deck on Fantasy?

Thanks!

All balconies have hair dryer and fridge, although some say the hair dryer is weak and the fridge is really just a cooler. I have short hair and the dryer works fine for me. The fridge always kept our wine cool enough to drink too.

We always have late dining so we don't have to hurry back from excursions and can rest before dinner. The food is great mostly, but if you're a Texan, you will be just a little disappointed in the steaks. However, in the specialty dining room, the steaks and everything else is to die for. Don't forget to try it.

Do you know what company this is? We're not going with Carnival's zipline excursion in MoBay. We found another that has 5 lines, the longest being 1/4 mile or so.

Can't wait!!! :D

I really want to do zip line in Montego Bay.

Does anyone know how to find out the longest/best zip line?

Thanks!

On our first Conquest cruise, we were in cabin 7444...Loved it! Now we book the aft wraps, and have the best of both worlds :D!

Don't miss Sur Mer, Paul's Deli, or The Pointe Supper Club (Steak House).

I way overpacked on our first cruise and had ample drawer and closet space (my husband had some too LOL). You can store your suitcases under the bed. There are also glass shelves in the bathroom to store your toiletries.

The Conquest went into dry-dock at the first of the year, so I am not sure if there an "adult only area"; but last year, there was not.

Edited by nanuak

Nanuak,

We are booked in 7446 for our 8-30 sailing on the Conquest are these 2 cabins about the same, what can you tell me about it? This is our 1st. aft balcony. Have any pictures?

Thanks,

Doug

7444 was right next to the aft wrap on Empress deck, we had a couch (great extra storage in the two drawers beneath the couch). Lets see if I can attach a couple of photos :rolleyes:. I don't have any pictures available of the balcony, although I could have sworn I had some.

DSC00394.jpg.0dd986b00b15479bb3ad936ecf4d7ced.jpg

DSC00523.jpg.a6d645a5c622ebb55ac8d7add1ac3901.jpg

Edited by nanuak

I was on the Conquest last week and the only adult area is the adult pool and the hot tubs in the back. I was really not able to tell there were any big changes on the Conquest other than the big screen by the main pool and I had been on it just last August as well.

Still a great ship and a wonderful week.:)

Edited by wishfultraveler

Thanks,

Doug

OT

Hey Doug,... Do you know the Lunn's in Wichita Falls/Olney area? My Great Grandmother was a Lunn and the town of Bryson was named after some of my family too. I'm a 7th generation Texan, even though I was born in Okinawa...... government brat.