Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

I read on another site that the P.C.'s Wok had been converted to the Mongolian Grill - does anyone know if this is true?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

yes and no.

PC Wok's is closed, but the mongolian is now located on the sun deck right by the sun bar on the starboard side of the ship!

We are sailing on the Conquest in January and are wondering what time a return flight should be booked for. My daughter and I will be driving from Kansas, but my son needs a return flight to Chicago. I have read about the fog issues and want to plan ahead.

That's a NICE LONG drive from Kansas. I really recommend stopping somewhere along the way.

the fog issues are hit and miss at that time. It can easily happen and hard to tell how long. I'd recommend holding off on a flight until after 1-2 PM at least to be safe. Plus you need to be at the airport like 90 minutes before a flight now? We've seen them not get off the Ship until after noon before, so it's hard to say.

Thanks for the advice about flight times. I do plan on making it a 2 day drive and stopping in the Dallas area on the trip to Galveston. We are all anxiously counting down the days!!

what part of Kansas do you hail from? Garden City out here.

yes and no.

PC Wok's is closed, but the mongolian is now located on the sun deck right by the sun bar on the starboard side of the ship!

So, what is the deal with this??? I love the PC Wok! Now I won't have my chinese when I am on the ship? What are they replacing it with??

yes and no.

PC Wok was still open on the Aug 30 cruise. Have they closed it since then? Mongolian grill was open too.

Linda

PC Wok was still open on the Aug 30 cruise. Have they closed it since then? Mongolian grill was open too.

Linda

never saw it open at all on the 9-20 cruise. One of our group asked about it and was told it was now closed for good? this was after he was given false information that it should have been open at such and such time. I'll have to check our capers to see if it ever mentioned it.

Anyone been on the panorama deck? What were your thoughts about it? Considering a move down to the verandah deck because im reading you can really feel the movement up on deck 10....

any and all thoughts/comments appreciated!!!!!!!!!

I wouldnt move down unless they gave me money back, but then I dont tend to get seasick. Iv been the forward cabins on Lido deck and only once did it bother me. A couple of decks up dont matter as much as how midship you are.

be responsible when answering these questions. You don't have all the info. If they booked a gauranty, then they paid for a class, they have a HUGE free upgrade, why ask for money to be moved to a g class if it is your choice? Plus, piece of mind is worth more than the little bit of money that is hte difference between the two fares. If you are worried that you might get sea sick then take the veranda. Do what makes you feel at ease.

be responsible when answering these questions. You don't have all the info. If they booked a gauranty, then they paid for a class, they have a HUGE free upgrade, why ask for money to be moved to a g class if it is your choice? Plus, piece of mind is worth more than the little bit of money that is hte difference between the two fares. If you are worried that you might get sea sick then take the veranda. Do what makes you feel at ease.

Well i actually originally booked on the veranda but are those rooms noisy because its under the pool?? We booked room 8333, but then moved to Panorama to avoid the noise from the pool...shoot soo many options! lol!

This is our first cruise and I am so excited....anyone with any feedback on the pool noise will be greatly appreciated!!

I dont care how I got there, I wouldnt move down, (unless I was under the pool). I was giving my opinion, same as you are. I wouldnt move down from where they are. Thats my opinion, but I said it would depend on where on the deck the cabin was for a more accurate opinion.

The only place I for sure dont want to be is under the pool. Wennfred was there and said it was the worst ever cabin ... and I believe him. I dont need to be under the pool to find out if he is accurate.

Telling me Im not being responsible .... ?? Kinda of a attitude huh? Iv been all over the ships, 7 cruises this year, and have a lot of chance to find out what I liked and didnt like.

They asked for an opinion ... and I gave it. How can it be irresponsible to say what Id do? Curious about you saying this ... thought we were kinda friends.

Edited by firefly333

and yeah, its like $10 total price difference between changing rooms for us...so really no difference.

and yeah, its like $10 total price difference between changing rooms for us...so really no difference.

If you think you would prefer the other location, change. I was only giving my opinion, that I prefer a higher deck.

In the end its always your decision.

sorry fly itjust seems as though every one wants to tell someone to stick their hand out and ask for money or compensation. The more folks hear that is what they should do the more it happens. That is where my comment came from. Not everyone is OWED something for everything. That's all I am trying to say!

Anyone been on the panorama deck? What were your thoughts about it? Considering a move down to the verandah deck because im reading you can really feel the movement up on deck 10....

any and all thoughts/comments appreciated!!!!!!!!!

We were on the Panorama deck and just loved it. It was nice and quiet up there and soooo close to the Lido and all the action. The views were also fantastic. And there is a secret door to the balcony over the bridge which is huge and not used much at all. We didn't notice much movement at all, but then we get our sea legs pretty fast. Both decks are nice, but I would stay on panorama.

We were on the Panorama deck and just loved it. It was nice and quiet up there and soooo close to the Lido and all the action. The views were also fantastic. And there is a secret door to the balcony over the bridge which is huge and not used much at all. We didn't notice much movement at all, but then we get our sea legs pretty fast. Both decks are nice, but I would stay on panorama.

Thank you!! This is very reassuring! We have never cruised before so we will just bring a lot of dramamine just in case! Plus we dont plan on being in the room all that much...hey and thanks for the tip on that secret door- i was looking at the deck plans and noticed a deck should be out there :) Thanks all!!

If you think you would prefer the other location, change. I was only giving my opinion, that I prefer a higher deck.

In the end its always your decision.

thanks for your opinion...some people think about changing but forgot or oversee the charges that may apply..thanks!!

sorry fly itjust seems as though every one wants to tell someone to stick their hand out and ask for money or compensation. The more folks hear that is what they should do the more it happens. That is where my comment came from. Not everyone is OWED something for everything. That's all I am trying to say!

I do consider the money when I book and when I see price drops, and weigh, should I move and save $$$ or not. I dont consider how I book to save money the same as suggesting anyone stick their hand out for free $$$. I am sorry you took my post that way, because I would never suggest someone ask for freebies. Its not in my personality. I was just saying check if the other category is cheaper, I watch my $$$, thats just me. It was no biggie, glad you didnt mean anyone should stick out their hand. I didnt meant that either. We agree.

I doubt we will ever see a smoother sailing for Conquest than the Crazies had or the following week, it was awesome. No one had to worry about getting seasick, that's for sure.

Thank you!! This is very reassuring! We have never cruised before so we will just bring a lot of dramamine just in case! Plus we dont plan on being in the room all that much...hey and thanks for the tip on that secret door- i was looking at the deck plans and noticed a deck should be out there :) Thanks all!!

We have 24 hour Bonine, which I like the chewable tablets. If I am close to getting seasick, I can hardly open a sealed package and take pills, so I love the longer lasting chewables.

If you just want the daytime seasick meds (its the generic name but its for seasickness, just not a brand you will recognize, says mezclaine (sp) or close to that), its free, on the infirmary door, just go to deck 0 and look for it in the fore of the ship.

They have a few other things like bandaids and tylonel etc free on the door too.