Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

Empress Deck is our favorite. Passenger cabins above and below make for quiet cabins. Promenade deck two down, Lido deck two up make for a very convenient location. Enjoy! :)

we just had 7418 last week and it was awesome...except for the last day with 40kt winds and 17 foot seas...it's gets a little rocky in the back...and front of the ship. many of the crew said it was the worst they'd ever felt on the conquest.

Does anybody know if there are any audio/video jack for the tv? I have a couple of kids that want to bring along their Wii system to play during down time. Thanks in advance.

Does anybody have an answer to this question? Thanks.

Does anybody have an answer to this question? Thanks.

Mach took a picture of the back of the TV's in the cabins. I believe that there are audio/video jacks; but you would have to take your own A/V cables from home. Search his posts, and you will be able to see the picture.... or we may get lucky and he will answer your question directly.

As many others have said, this deck is great. We had a forward cabin and a great view of the bridge. We didn't notice the motion but my wife wore a scopolamine patch. They are the size of the small, round bandaids and you put them right behind your ear. One patch every three days and they stayed on even when she was in the water. A four patch supply cost us just $7 through our medical insurance and our regular MD prescribed them for her.

About Panorama Deck: WE LOVED IT! We had a four person room and loved it so much last fall we booked the same room on the Triumph which has a similar layout. We were 1052 and will actually stay in 1053 next time (as we're taking our youngest and will have 5). It's right off the Lido deck, right under the Spa and Camp Carnival is the next deck up (above the Spa deck). It was the perfect location for us. We were right next to the stairs/elevator and never heard a peep. The room was quiet, our steward was awesome, we never had to use the elevator -- perfect.

Movement... yes it's there. For me, it's a bonus. I like feeling the gentle rocking, it reminds me I'm on a cruise! If you're prone to motion sickness try those patches the above poster mentioned or take ginger pills. There are various posts about motion sickness and most everyone gets over it quickly with mild medicaiton.

I will ALWAYS do Panorama deck... for us the location is just the best!

I am so happy to hear how you loved the Panorama Deck. We have booked 1065 and 1067 for the January 17th Conquest sailing. This will be our first cruise on the Conquest and our first balcony. I cannot wait!!!!

Mach took a picture of the back of the TV's in the cabins. I believe that there are audio/video jacks; but you would have to take your own A/V cables from home. Search his posts, and you will be able to see the picture.... or we may get lucky and he will answer your question directly.

Thank you Nanuak. I did a search on his posts but didn't see anything. Please help if you can. Thanks again.

I am also glad to hear the great things about the Pamorama deck - we also have our first balcony booked 1/3/10. Still a little concerned about 4 adults in one cabin but we will make do. This will be our 2nd time on the Conquest. We love cruising in January, warm but not hot.

About Panorama Deck: WE LOVED IT! We had a four person room and loved it so much last fall we booked the same room on the Triumph which has a similar layout. We were 1052 and will actually stay in 1053 next time (as we're taking our youngest and will have 5). It's right off the Lido deck, right under the Spa and Camp Carnival is the next deck up (above the Spa deck). It was the perfect location for us. We were right next to the stairs/elevator and never heard a peep. The room was quiet, our steward was awesome, we never had to use the elevator -- perfect.

Movement... yes it's there. For me, it's a bonus. I like feeling the gentle rocking, it reminds me I'm on a cruise! If you're prone to motion sickness try those patches the above poster mentioned or take ginger pills. There are various posts about motion sickness and most everyone gets over it quickly with mild medicaiton.

I will ALWAYS do Panorama deck... for us the location is just the best!

Thank you for the positive reviews of the Panorama deck....now im really excited!!!

Do they actually weigh the bags? We're taking one BIG suitcase and then one smaller suitcase with the dress clothes in it and then another suitcase for shoes and such. But I'm worried that the BIG suitcase is going to be over 50lbs...I don't have a scale.

Airlines weigh bags but then airlines are shake-down industries. So far the cruise industry has not been infected with this sort of insanity.

Translation: No, they don't weigh your bags.

(the 50 lbs is just a guideline, not a rule)

Which dining room is for anytime dining and which is for the early/late dining? We are confirmed for late, but on our sea days we might want to try anytime. Plus, I would like to attempt (keyword - attempt) to request a table for four for our party. I know this should be done ASAP when boarding. According to deck plans it looks like the Renoir has a lot more 4 seater tables then Monet. So, I am hoping Renoir is not the anytime.

Anyone been on the panorama deck? What were your thoughts about it? Considering a move down to the verandah deck because im reading you can really feel the movement up on deck 10....

any and all thoughts/comments appreciated!!!!!!!!!

We stayed on the Panorama in Room 1047 on Oct 11-18. It was fantastic!

The only day that I noticed alot of movement was on Saturday, as there were 7.5 to 12 foot waves as a cold front was coming thru. It was so rough that day, that I think EVERYONE was feeling it, no matter where their room was located! (Stuff was falling off the shelves in the Gift Shop!)

Hi guys! We just booked on the Conquest for Feb 28th, and it will be our first family cruise (DH and I have been on several cruises, but never with the kids). We weren't planning on cruising this spring, but carnival sent us a really good deal, and we're suckers for a cruise :). We're booked in cabin 2464 (we're cheap!)-- things I'm worried about since we're traveling with two small children (ages 3 and 5):

1)noise (Are we too close to the stairs? Is being below the dining room bad?)

2)movement (How much are we going to feel it?)

3)room (I know the room will be small, but we need to be able to sleep at least one boy on the floor (he will roll right off the top bunk!)-- I read somewhere that there is usually enough room to take the mattress off the top bunk and set it on the floor-- Is that true?)

Does anyone have any input about our cabin? Thanks so much! --Katie

Which dining room is for anytime dining and which is for the early/late dining? We are confirmed for late, but on our sea days we might want to try anytime. Plus, I would like to attempt (keyword - attempt) to request a table for four for our party. I know this should be done ASAP when boarding. According to deck plans it looks like the Renoir has a lot more 4 seater tables then Monet. So, I am hoping Renoir is not the anytime.

We were in Renoir on the lower level in August. At that time it was assigned seating. Our table mates tried to go to the anytime dining more than once but were turned away. They were told since they had an assigned table they had to eat there.

Linda

We were in Renoir on the lower level in August. At that time it was assigned seating. Our table mates tried to go to the anytime dining more than once but were turned away. They were told since they had an assigned table they had to eat there.

Linda

Well, that is good to know. I did not know you had to choose between assigned or anytime. I was under the impression that anytime was there as an alternate and based upon availability.

Has anyone here booked the suites on the Conquest? I am trying to figure out if it is worth switching from a Category 11 mini-suite to a Category 12 suite?

I would appreciate any and all input from anyone who has been in either of these rooms.

Thanks so much!