Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

I want to remind everyone the dangers of flying into Houston the morning of the cruise. I returned home on a business trip from Newark, N J to Dallas, TX. Due to mechanical problems my flight was canceled. I was lucky in catching another flight 4 hours later.

This would be devasting if it happened on the day of your cruise. Remember Hobby airport is a 45 min drive. Houston's IAH airprt is a 2 drive to Galveston. There are also the construction delays on the Galveston causway. :mad:

Hi. I keep asking this and for some reason I can never find my post to see if there is an answer.

Who is the ventriliquist that sometimes performs on the Conquest? I would like to know if he performs on other ships. :)

The ventriloquist is Marc Rubben. His website is dummytalk.com He has the Rastamon, Cletus the red neck, Max the old man and the Swami. Along with a mask that he uses to turn an audience member into a "dummy". Is this who you are asking about? For the next few weeks, Marc is also performing on the Valor. (every other week that is) He may change ships soon, not sure at this point. He'll be off for the month of July to spend time with his family. Let me know if you have any other questions about Marc. I should be able to answer them, after all, I am his wife. :)

Imbossy ~ Marc Rubben was the comedian/ventriloquist on the Conquest in December. Not sure if he is on other ships or not. HTH

Marc is on the Valor for the next few weeks along with still doing the Conquest. Check his online schedule at dummytalk.com to see what dates. He won't be on any ship during the month of July so he can stay home and spend time with his family.

The ventriloquist is Marc Rubben. His website is dummytalk.com He has the Rastamon, Cletus the red neck, Max the old man and the Swami. Along with a mask that he uses to turn an audience member into a "dummy". Is this who you are asking about? For the next few weeks, Marc is also performing on the Valor. (every other week that is) He may change ships soon, not sure at this point. He'll be off for the month of July to spend time with his family. Let me know if you have any other questions about Marc. I should be able to answer them, after all, I am his wife. :)

I'm glad you answered her, I've seen her ask a few times now, but I'm kind of busy this time of year and can't spend as much time on line. I did want to say that I've seen Marc several times and you can tell from my Conquest reviews that I think Marc is has one of the the best acts I have ever seen on a cruise ship. :)

I did want to say that I've seen Marc several times and you can tell from my Conquest reviews that I think Marc is has one of the the best acts I have ever seen on a cruise ship. :)

A lot of people tell us that they think he's the best too. I think he's the best, but then again, I'm his wife so of course I'm his biggest fan! :) I'm glad you enjoyed his shows. Thanks for the great reviews. Do you by chance have Comcast as your cable provider? Back in February, Marc won a comedy contest and the "prize" was an all expense paid trip to Aspen to perform at the HBO Comedy Arts Festival. Comcast was one of the sponsors and they made a "reality TV show" out of it and we're told it can be seen now on Comcast ON DEMAND. I don't think it will be airing for much longer since it's already been on for a month. I'll give you more details if you have Comcast. Let me know. Thanks again, Connie

I did want to say that I've seen Marc several times and you can tell from my Conquest reviews that I think Marc is has one of the the best acts I have ever seen on a cruise ship. :)

A lot of people tell us that they think he's the best too. I think he's the best, but then again, I'm his wife so of course I'm his biggest fan! :) I'm glad you enjoyed his shows. Thanks for the great reviews. Do you by chance have Comcast as your cable provider? Back in February, Marc won a comedy contest and the "prize" was an all expense paid trip to Aspen to perform at the HBO Comedy Arts Festival. Comcast was one of the sponsors and they made a "reality TV show" out of it and we're told it can be seen now on Comcast ON DEMAND. I don't think it will be airing for much longer since it's already been on for a month. I'll give you more details if you have Comcast. Let me know. Thanks again, Connie

did i once read somewhere on the boards that i could contact carnival and they would send me a release to copy the photos i bought online? anyone have any experience with this?

thanks

Yes, just email customer service and ask them for a photo release letter. They are pretty good at getting back to you. I did that last year because I wanted to make some copies of some of the pictures for others who were on the cruise with us. Hope this helps.

Will Marc be on the Conquest the week of 8/12?

Also, if any of you are getting on board this Sunday, beware that the causeway is being worked on and the DOT is expecting major delays on Sunday!!!!!

Yes, just email customer service and ask them for a photo release letter. They are pretty good at getting back to you. I did that last year because I wanted to make some copies of some of the pictures for others who were on the cruise with us. Hope this helps.

great!

thanks

What in the world are capers? First time cruiser. From my guess it's not the kind you eat. In addition, when they place a hold on you Credit card how much do they hold? Is it per person or per room?