Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

We are booked Dec 9-16th tonight the girl from Carnival called and said we need to pick our rooms . We are doing Ocean View anyone have a room they liked that was quiet and in a good location .

I want one of those 6E OV rooms with the floor to ceiling windows. Those cabins are huge and those windows I think are better than having a balcony. I saw a picture of one of those cabins, awesome.

For a cheaper OV Id pick one of those looking aft on Main deck, watching the wake. Some say watching the wake is soothing.

Of course Id like almost any OV lol. I love to see out.

Well, I only meant the bedding I heard bad things about, not the rest of the ship.

I would sure love if they put those mattresses and bedding in the Conquest the Ecstasy had. That was the most comfortable bed, sure loved it. Even if the ship was old, the mattress and coverlet was perfect to me.

The Conquest has had the new bedding since at least December of 2005 when I sailed on her the first time. I thought the beds were wonderful both then and last September. I'm not sure why people are saying the bedding is bad. :confused:

You bet I'm ready...... I also live in Arkansas. Every day my co-workers and patients ask "how many days?" They know how excited I am..

We are going to arrive in Galveston on Saturday afternoon so we can be on the ship early.

See you there!!

we have rooms 6422 and 6426... only 24 more days.... exciting.

I am also a nurse. I live in Arkansas.

Are u ready????

michelle

Hi Dave - That sounds like a great repo. No cruising for us, unfortunately, in 2007. The next 3 years are going to be quite different for us, alot less travel due to university tution for ds. He is finishing up his first year now. However, I am meeting my sister in Vegas at the end of May. VIVA LAS VEGAS!!

I will be anxious to hear your thoughts on the Conquest after you sail her.

Dh and I will be celebrating our 25 year anniversary on her in Feb 2008. We honeymooned on Carnival! Back then we had to go the "cheap seat" route and had bunkbeds for our honeymoon, NO KIDDING. For our anniversary we'll have a balcony. I would have loved a suite but I am much too frugal for that :).

Great seeing you. I've only been back on the board for a week or so after a long absence of about 6 months or more. I get in trouble when I hang around here, lol, so I figure why torture myself, lol. Happy Cruising!

Marie

If you are a "Foodie" let me know, I was just there 6 months ago and there are some really great local places to try.

Hey everyone! Just wanted you all to know that I'll be playing in the Conquest's piano bar starting on May 6th. Make sure you come in and say hi and have some drinks with me and do some singin!

Just let me know if you have any questions about my show or anything. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Vince,

The whole group from the roll call for the 5/06 sailing is planning on meeting in the Piano Bar at 10 PM.

Will the Piano Bar be a party?

I am spoiled some of those I have enjoyed on Carnival cruises are Ed Rocks, Joe Spraker and Ron Pass.

Vince,

The whole group from the roll call for the 5/06 sailing is planning on meeting in the Piano Bar at 10 PM.

Will the Piano Bar be a party?

I am spoiled some of those I have enjoyed on Carnival cruises are Ed Rocks, Joe Spraker and Ron Pass.

Hey man, you can bet it will be a party! Y'all ready to do alot of drinkin??I've been doing alot of dueling piano gigs lately and i'm ready to use some of that on the ships. I'll give whatever energy I got left since i'm going to be signing in with all the crew meetings and all that stuff! Don't get to go through the cool passenger stuff when y'all get on board. But i'm psyched to get back on board. Look forward to seeing y'all there!

Hello. I will be on the Conquest May 6th. I am so excited. Only 10 days to go. I have a question. If I had an emergency back home, how would they get ahold of me? Is there a number they could call to get a message to me?

Thanks,

Susie

Hello. I will be on the Conquest May 6th. I am so excited. Only 10 days to go. I have a question. If I had an emergency back home, how would they get ahold of me? Is there a number they could call to get a message to me?

Thanks,

Susie

Yes. Check your Docs. All that info is there. There is a number they can call but they will need a credit card. Instructions should all be in your docs.

I LOVE dueling pianos. There is a dueling piano bar here in Fort Worth that is so fun! Pete's Piano Bar... Anyway, how long will you be cruising on Conquest? I'll be on it in early September.

Well, i should be on till Sept 6th or shortly after that. Good bet i'll be there. I've heard of Pete's. I think I know a guy that plays there. Kevin is his name. Hope to see ya on the ship!

Vince, what is YOUR favorite song to play? I'll be on the May 20th sailing and I can't wait!

Also, does anyone know where the lifeboat drill is held on the Conquest? What I mean is do you meet in a lounge or outside on deck?

Vince, what is YOUR favorite song to play? I'll be on the May 20th sailing and I can't wait!

Also, does anyone know where the lifeboat drill is held on the Conquest? What I mean is do you meet in a lounge or outside on deck?

They meet in various lounges depending on your cabin location. From there they will go over how to put on the life jackets and other details. At this point it is up to who is running the drill to determine if you will proceed further to the loading locations for the lifeboats or to call the drill.

Dave

Gosh, there's a bunch of them. I guess it's mostly the ones that don't get requested too much that are tough to play or recently learned ones that are fun. Lately "Carry on my wayward son" has been doing it.

as for the boat drill, if the Conquest is just like all the other destiny and conquest class ships, it should be outside on deck 4. And i'm hopin it's freakin short!!

Lookin forward to seein ya!

Well, i should be on till Sept 6th or shortly after that. Good bet i'll be there.

Still aways off, but we will see your worn out and dragging butt on Sept 2nd. :D (referring to you being at the end of your contract) We will try to put some life back into you or just prop you in the corner.

Dave

Still aways off, but we will see your worn out and dragging butt on Sept 2nd. :D (referring to you being at the end of your contract) We will try to put some life back into you or just prop you in the corner.

Dave

I'll always have life in the piano bar! No worries on that. When i'm walking about the ship or out in the ports you'll see me draggin my ass! hehe

Vince,

I am so bummed that we will just be missing you on our Sept. 16th cruise on the Conquest.

I have listened to your music on MySpace (mine is http://www.myspace.com/jro1971) and you are truly gifted. The people that you will be playing for are in for a treat!!!!

Lay it Down is my favorite!

:p

ahhh, thanks so much. Who know's it's possible I might be on there still. I may extend but I know I won't shorten my contract. that song is one of my favs as well.

How would you rate the mattress/bedding on Conquest? We were thinking of bringing a mattress pad for more comfort.

We sailed the Grand Princess last year and the bed was pretty hard.:(

Thoughts, advice???

Thanks,

I've been on the Conquest twice and my beds and bedding and pillows were very comfortable. No complaints from me! I think you can ask for some foam from your steward, why carry it on if you don't have to!!