Bringing Soda Onboard

ColeandAbby

Just bought the small, mini-cans of soda for our cruise. I just can't justify spending money on those soda cards. Can I smuggle these in our suitcase? We are driving up. I could carry this in my carry on, correct? I plan to clean out the room of any drinks & water when we get in the cabin first thing. Advice?

We carry 2 12 packs of soda and a 6 pack of water on every cruise with Carnival...so I know it is ok. Be sure to carry it on. You don't want those cans busting in your suitcase and they will bust!! Security may check just to make sure it is soda and not beer...so don't be concerned if they ask you to open your carry on!

NCL allows bringing soda onboard. Booze no such luck. You can pay a corkage fee if you want to bring wine onboard. People do smuggle booze on but NCL is good about finding alot of it. The last night of the cruise, duty free alcohol is delivered to your cabin in time for a last day celebration.

We do most of our alcohol consumption on the beaches in each port. A buck a beer in St. Marten at Dawn Beach and at the pier.

...........I was confusing the no-liquor brought on rule...if there is one.

ALL cruiselines have the 'no liquor' policy. Wine and soft drinks differ w/each cruiseline.

I'll be sure to bring the sodas in my carry on. Would hate to ruin a weeks worth of clothing! Thanks

On Carnival, I take a six-pack of 16-oz. plastic bottles of Coke or Sprite. Less chance of leakage in the bottles than in the cans, which can be punctured so easily. And I do hand-carry them on, in my carryon bag.

Also note that HALs soda card is reasonable $18.75 for a 20 punch card, which we use at dinner.

I was really surprised that other lines charge $6.00 per day, although unlimited, who needs that much soda! So, for a ten day cruise a family of 3 would have to pay $180! It just shows that you need to look at all these details when comparing cruise costs.

Archived