Splendour of the Seas Venice cruise

Hubby and I are planning on booking the Splendour for 08 while on our Hawaii cruise in Sept but for those who have done it how was the ship? How were the ports? Did anyone do a tour of the old Olympic sites? What sort of activities were on the ship for Europe?

Lexi

My DH and I (along with his parents) went on the Splendour two summers in a row -- great itinerary! The ship is great for a Med cruise. All of the staff was very friendly, the facilities were very nice (climbed the rock wall while departing Dubrovnik -- what a view!), the main dining room (King & I) is very nice (love looking out over the sea) and the food was good (not out of this world) and varied (offered dishes that related to the port of call). They had a really nice lunch set-up out by the pool. Oh, we really enjoyed the nightly shows (great entertainment). The Schooner Bar (which we rarely entered on our first trip) became a favorite spot (our bartender was great!).

We did have an issue with our cabin last time which was resolved after we returned home. Our room was under the jacuzzi and you could sure hear when it turned on at night! Not good. Otherwise, we have enjoyed our time there, otherwise we would not have gone on it a second time. On our last trip, the captain decided to have the Splendour go as fast as possible from Athens to Mykonos to ensure that we were docked and didn't have to tender. We beat out another cruise ship to the dock and arrived a few hours earlier than planned.

One of the best parts of our cruise was our departure from Venice. Don't miss it! It is absolutely spectacular and a vantage point not everyone who visits that magical city has an opportunity to see. All in all, in my opinion, the Splendour of the Seas is a perfect ship for the Med. Enjoy!

We too have been on the Splendour twice in the Med. Last spring it went through a major refurbishment and I think she's lovely.The entertainment was very good. I especially enjoyed the afternoon we were cruising past some smaller islands and a gentleman was on the pa system describing what we were seeing, and recounting the story of Homer's Odyessy. Oh...it makes me want to book it again.....

Went on Splendour in 2005 on the Med Cruise from Barcelona (Marseille, Villefranche (Nice/Monaco/Monte Carlo), Livorno (Florence/Pisa), Rome and Naples (Amalfi/Pompeii).

Days were long and exhausting so didn't really check out any of the shops. Got back from tours about an hour before ship departed. As i was on late seating, had time to get changed, rest up a bit, then swing by the schooner bar for drinks before dinner. didn' stay up long after dinner as I normally headed down to the formal dining room around 6:00ish to eat before another full day in port.

Booked for october for Splendour again - both the Greek/Turkey and the Greek Isles from Venice (two 7 days back-to-back). This should be more relaxing as most of the cities/sites are close by to port where as with the Med Cruise you were about an hour, hour and a half outside of town.

Frances

I just booked a cruise on Splendor for Aug. 11 sailing to Greek Isles and Croatia. My youngest daughter is graduating from college in May and she wants to go to Greece. After traveling in Europe during the summer, we've decided that being on the ship will afford us more uniform accommodations and take the stress out of having to travel on our own. We are quite excited about it. We were in Venice a few weeks ago while visiting Italy and I am particularly looking forward to returning.

• 2 weeks later...

We are booked on Splendour for a B2B on 10/27 - 11/10 - can't wait. Fmax - is this the same time that you are booked? Debbierpof - what room were you in? We are in 8534.

Does anyone know the best ways and costs to get from the airport to the port? We are staying 2 days prior to the cruise and one day post cruise at the new Hilton Molino Stucky in Guidecca (island). This hotel will open in late June of this year, hope that it will be convenient and comfortable.

Thanks

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived