Zip Line Excursion & Cameras???

WiscCruiser

My wife and I are going on a Zip Line excursion in Costa Rica while on an upcoming Coral Princess cruise. I would certainly like to document the event to show others our adventure when we return, but I can't imagine operating a camera or even bringing it along on an active excursion like this.

What have others done? Should I bring my camera? Will I be able to take some pictures while on the excursion?

We did ziplining in Costa Rica on our 2005 cruise. It was THE BEST excursion we've ever taken. DH brought along our photo camera. We have a small soft case that has a loop, so he was able to attach it to his belt and there was no fear of losing it! We got some beautiful shots of the scenery from up high (while we were on the platforms), and he took a few of me on the zipline.

The tour also had a photographer taking pictures the whole time, and we purchased his CD as well.

Costa Rica is a truly beautilful place, and unlike any other place we've been. I hope you have a GREAT time ziplining there.

• 4 weeks later...

My husband and I just returned from Costa Rica last month. We did the original canopy tour zipline excursion. I carried my camera in a bag across my shoulder and had no problems with it. I took it out of the case to take pics of scenery from platforms and of my husband. There were other folks in our group who had cameras on straps around their necks.

Our tour did not have a photographer along, so I'm really glad I had my camera with me. We had a wonderful time.

We did our zip line in JAN 2007. Our company did not have a photographer or anyone to video, so were very happy we brought our cameras. My husband had the videocamera around his neck. I had the digital camera on a lanyard around my neck. We had our 9 year old and 6 year old with us, so they were thrilled to see the video and pictures of them. It is slightly difficult to use the video or camera while actually on the zip line. You will be wearing very big gloves with a leather holder on your right hand. While on the platforms between each zip line, we would slip our hand out of the leather holder (without taking it all the way off) then remove the glove to video or take pictures of the person in front or behind of you. I would definitely recommend you bring your camera. You may want to leave the case in the car as it will just get in the way if you try to take it in and out each time on the platform.

Hi All:

Have just heard of this and decided to add it to my list of things I need to do before.... anyway, will be on the Golden Princess 3/20/07 sailing, did you do ship tours, or private. If private what is the name of the company you used and the approximate cost and did you have to have a certain number. I'm gonna do it... Also has anyone done the rafting tours from princess? There is one in Puntarenas, and one in Huatulco. The first one sounds scarier than the second. Whats your advice or suggestions.

Thanks if you want to email the information m.loughman@sbcglobal.net

Marianne

We did the zipline in Costa Rico with Charlie Soto. Price for zipline, Banana Plantation, Beach, boat ride on a canal and shopping was $89. Did not get off on right foot with Charlie's Tour. We were in Costa Rico from 7AM until 3PM. When we meet our guide we informed him that we had to be back by 2:30PM. He said we would have to push it to get all in, then he put us on the bus. After waiting 30 minutes we told him we needed to go if we were going to get our tour in. After another 15 minutes we told him we were all going to get off the bus if we didn't leave then. He wanted 5 more minutes saying the others were right there, and I told him if they were there to get them on the bus.Then he said someone was going to get them at which time we told him either leave now or we were getting off. We left and he stopped to talk to another guide. The bus drove toward the zipline at a speed were two old ladies on bikes and a man in a wheelchair could have passed us. They were waiting on five people that had oversleep. They caught up with us and we stopped to get them on the bus. We can not tell you our guides name or the bus drivers name, they never told us and did not have much to say about anything about Costa Rico. We got the zipline in, the banana plantation, boat ride, which I would not recommend. We saw very little wildlife on the boat ride and it was cut short because of our time. We did not get any beach time as was advertised. We were taken to a grocery store for shopping (15 minutes) and made it back to the ship at 2:30PM. To say the least the guide and bus driver did not have a fruitful day (no Tips). The zipline was a great experience but a couple came with their son in a cab and avoided the $49 dollar pp portion we gave Charlie Soto. You can use a cab and do the zipline and save a lot. Would Not Recomend Charlie Soto.

Bigdvainfl

Sailing on the Carnival Liberty on July 7, 2007. Could anyone recommend a private company that does the canopy adventure? We usually don't book through the ship, but is a private company doable in this port as I've been seeing a lot of people make reference to long rides to either the canopy adventure or white water rafting.

Thanks

Rich

Archived