Serenade 03/31

Well after reading the boards about cruises being cancelled I kind of panicked. My TA called RCCL and asked if the Serenade was going into drydock. The first response she received was that "they would neither confirm nor deny that! She called back and spoke with a supervisor the next day and was told that yes, it would be in drydock for 2 weeks, but unless something major happened it would sail its scheduled 3/31 Easter cruise.

I took a little comfort in that, since we know "things happen." but then it got me to thinking about the plane tickets etc. This will be my 17th cruise and I have never had a cruise cancel. I have no desire to spend a week in Puerto Rico, and I can't be flexible on a cruise re-schedule because I am a teacher. I got curious and asked what would I get back, and was told that I would of course get my cruise money bck, and probably a credit towards another cruise, but as far as the plane tickets were concerned, probably just the penalties. I almost always get tickets through the cruiseline, but this time I didn't because I found a much better fare and time.

I was wondering what has happened in the past to people in that situation?

Rhonda

I too am planning on taking this cruise...I am also a teacher and my schedule is pretty much set. I hope that things go as planned and they don't cancel!!

I am going to my travel agent to finalize everything tomorrow will speak to him about this as well!

Why is the ship going into dry dock. I was just thinking about booking a cruise on this ship.

This might be when they are converting the engines. I think they are gas turbine right now, and they are switching to Diesel Electric. I heard that somewhere, that may be right.. it may be wrong. :D

She will be just over three and a half years old at that time, and probably due for some cosmetic work, as well as the new bedding.

-Mike

Why is the ship going into dry dock. I was just thinking about booking a cruise on this ship.

From what we were told there has been engine trouble....I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will be back after the two week dry dock!

Archived