NCL should consider this for Latitudes Club

theonlyjoie

It seems that Princess Cruise Lines is changing...

They need to change their smoking policy! Literally! :D

Not to mention their unstable ships' flawed design that Mr. Fincantieri defends so blatantly! :mad: :mad: :mad:

smoking_princess.jpg

Getting too many people up the perk ladder too fast does nothing more than overload the system taking away from everyone. One cruise line is taking away perks because it can't keep up with all the new members who qualify.

That is Princess and they changed to give credit for # days or # cruises. I'm sure those that are Captains Circle members loosing unlimited internet will not see the change as an enhancement.

What a deal, not - Elite members are those with 15 cruises or 150 days.

Guest BeckyThane

This was a hot topic of discussion over on the Princess boards last summer. People were complaining that they qualified for the same past-pax levels as others, regardless of whether they consistently took shorter or longer itineraries.

It makes a world of sense to me to give rewards more rapidly to those who take longer cruises.

As a for instance, people figured out long ago that in Latitudes you could quickly work your way up the perks levels by taking several one-day "cruises to nowhere." Does that seem fair to those who qualify for the same benefits but only over a much longer period of time because they take only longer cruises? I think not.

IMHO -- and agreeing with Cosmopolitan -- Costa's past-pax program makes the most sense to me. They award points not only for number of days, but also for cabin category and on-board spending; amount of points determines membership level. Those who spend more get more rewards, and faster.

This was a hot topic of discussion over on the Princess boards last summer. People were complaining that they qualified for the same past-pax levels as others, regardless of whether they consistently took shorter or longer itineraries.

It makes a world of sense to me to give rewards more rapidly to those who take longer cruises.

As a for instance, people figured out long ago that in Latitudes you could quickly work your way up the perks levels by taking several one-day "cruises to nowhere." Does that seem fair to those who qualify for the same benefits but only over a much longer period of time because they take only longer cruises? I think not.

IMHO -- and agreeing with Cosmopolitan -- Costa's past-pax program makes the most sense to me. They award points not only for number of days, but also for cabin category and on-board spending; amount of points determines membership level. Those who spend more get more rewards, and faster.

But the Princess program does not fix that - 15 cruises or 150 days. You need average over 10 days a cruise to get any benefit. Granted if someone does 2 repo cruises a year of 15 days each they can get there in 5 years. 4 7day cruises get them there in less then 4 years. I guess 5 years is better 7.5 years if they only count cruises.

I also agree spend should be a factor - NCL should do everything possible to lock in the biggest revenue producers. The funny thing all the perks you get for being Platinum are the same as those you get for booking a penthouse except one dinner. NCL has in fact extended Platinum level to some who are high revenue producers and have less then 14 cruises.

Archived