Grand Cayman excursion question

jab47

Has anyone done the "Cruise, Sightsee and Seven Mile Beach Break"? It sounds like the beach part is at a hotel according to the write up at RCCL. Anyone know if the beach part includes beach chairs and loungers?

We didn't do this particular excursion - we did the 7 Mile Beach Break with lunch. I can tell you from our experience that you will get a chair and a spot within about 100 other chairs on a small piece of beach. We didn't even get a chair. Ate the lunch (not worth the extra money) and walked our way back to the ship. It really was not a fun day. Others may have had another experience but we didn't enjoy that at all. TOO MANY PEOPLE in one place :)

If you just want to go to the beach, just get a taxi/bus and go! All of the public beach access points have chair and umbrella rentals. And watersport equip. for rent, as well. If you do it on your own, you can stay as long as you want--not just the 2 or 3 hours allotted by the excursion! There are plenty of restaurant/bars on the beach, as well--along with restrooms. This is certainly something that can be done without the ship's support!

Take a cab to Seven mile beach on your own. Many Hotels will let you change in a restroom, etc. Beach is huge - maybe seven miles???

I would say - take the excursion out to the Stingrays. Forget Steve Irwin, these are very used to people there everyday. Great fun.

I've done both Seven Mile Beach and Rum Point and they are two different beaches. On my first cruise our group rented a car and drove around the island, finally stopping at Seven Mile. There was a woman renting snorkel gear from a van and two of us spent two hours going in and out to the reef. It was beautiful!

On the next cruise we took an excursion through Native Way to Rum Point. It was a very fun stop and a nice beach, but don't expect any snorkeling. It's very shallow for quite a ways out.

Archived