need some help... hotel by port

ok we're leaving in march for a 4 nite on majesty...

i was wondering if anyone could tell me where the port in miami is so i can look for hotels in the general area or suggest some hotels in the area that are not expensive at all...

i know there was a post about this in the past but i cannot find it

thanks in advance :)

Unless you use something like Priceline the hotels around the port are usually on the middle to high side with the exception of the Holiday Inn. It can be had for around a $100.00 a night or a little more. The other hotels close by are the Intercontinental, Marriott Biscayne Bay, Doubletree, Radisson and a few others. My favorite is the Marriott.

If you don't mind not being right by the Pier I stayed at the Hampton Inn @ Suites at the Airport/Blue Lagoon 1/12/07. There was a free shuttle that picked us up at MIA, and then there was a shuttle service to the Pier for $10/person, $5 for a child. It took about 15 minutes to get there. The shuttle ran 10 am, 11 am, 12 pm. It may have ran later, we took the 12:00 pm shuttle that arrived early.

There is a free continental breakfast which was nice as well.

It isn't a glamarous hotel and not near much, but if you don't need to be it is a great value.

Holiday Inn is fine.

Holiday Inn Port of Miami/Marina Park is the closest hotel to the piers. It is directly across from the famous Bayside Marketplace that has many restaurants and shops for a nice place to spend some time.

It is a reasonable hotel that is kept clean and neat. No beach though, just a pool.

I have stayed there before and again in September. It fills up fast, so don't wait too long to book if you are interested.;)

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/6c/...iabb?irs=null&

If you join their Priority Club, you save a discount on the room right away.

Bayside marketplace.

www.baysidemarketplace.com

Archived