First Time Cruising; how much for tips???

rosienpb

Hi!! We are cruising our first time in April and want to tip our steward the first day. How much is customary??? Do you have to tip also at the end of the cruise??? What other tips should I be aware of?? Conceirge?? Wait staff??? :confused: :confused: :confused: Thanks everyone for their imput!!

$10 per day per adult will be added to your on-board bill for your gratuities. [There is a lesser charge per day for children below a certain age, but this is something that doesn't apply to us so I don't remember the specifics.]

There is no need to tip more than this, but you may if you feel a crew member has done something special for you. There is also no need to tip your room stewards the day you board. You will be treated just fine because that's the way NCL crews are.

Relax, enjoy your cruise, and don't fret at all about how much and when to tip.

we left a little extra for the room stewards, there were 2 of them. but we left it the last day. we got towel animals and great service from them without pre-tipping. well, i guess everyone pre-tips with the $10 per day service charge:D

Hi!! We are cruising our first time in April and want to tip our steward the first day. How much is customary??? Do you have to tip also at the end of the cruise??? What other tips should I be aware of?? Conceirge?? Wait staff??? :confused: :confused: :confused: Thanks everyone for their imput!!

The $10 pp per day charged to you onboard covers all basic tips. A little cash goes a long way for those crew members that go out of their way to make your cruise special. As others have posted I almost always give a little extra cash to the room stewards as well as the waiters in the specialty restaurants.

The Conceirge and or Butler is not include in the $10. How much to tip:confused: It depends on how much you use their services. I have tipped the Conceirge as little as $20 and as much as $200 for a cruise.

Archived