Crown Princess Eastern Caribbean from NYC Questions

backheidi

We are cruising from NYC in June on the 9 night Crown Princess Eastern Caribbean cruise (Grand Turk, St. Thomas, San Juan, Bermuda) and I wondered which nights are formal? Are there any Theme nights we need to dress up for? Is mid ship Balcony room on Aloha deck a good choice (I get very sea sick)? Do you need to have a partner for Ballroom Dance lessons (us ladies are leaving the guys home this time)?

Thank you. Never cruised Princess line before so do not really know what to expect.

We are cruising from NYC in June on the 9 night Crown Princess Eastern Caribbean cruise (Grand Turk, St. Thomas, San Juan, Bermuda) and I wondered which nights are formal? Are there any Theme nights we need to dress up for? Is mid ship Balcony room on Aloha deck a good choice (I get very sea sick)? Do you need to have a partner for Ballroom Dance lessons (us ladies are leaving the guys home this time)?

Thank you. Never cruised Princess line before so do not really know what to expect.

Hi Backheidi -- can't answer your question, but when are you going? Check out the roll call boards and find your cruise and meet some new people. If you are going June 17, click on my link below.

:)

We have sailed the Crown on this iteniary twice, the Aloha deck cabin will be fine.

However be prepared for any type of seas out of New York for at least the first 2 days. we had really bad weather in October for the first 2 days (they say it was the worst for the Crown during last season).

In July/August we missed San Juan due to a Tropical Storm "Chris" with mostly rain and winds but the seas were not as bad as October.

You just never know. Take ginger tabs, meclazine, etc with you just in case. :)

VioletNYC, we are going on the same cruise as we leave June 8th as well. Since it looks like you live in NYC, what do you think would be our best choice for transportation to the Brooklyn Pier? (We live Upstate but do not want to drive to the Pier, and I just am not a Subway person). We will probably take a train into Penn Station and then we figured a Taxi was probably best.

VioletNYC, we are going on the same cruise as we leave June 8th as well. Since it looks like you live in NYC, what do you think would be our best choice for transportation to the Brooklyn Pier? (We live Upstate but do not want to drive to the Pier, and I just am not a Subway person). We will probably take a train into Penn Station and then we figured a Taxi was probably best.

Take a cab from PENN. Its over the Brooklyn Bridge and up the BQE about half an hour with normal traffic.

You might consider a car service as well we use Cadman or Arecibo. :)

Hey That's so great!! We definitely have to meet up and get some drinks. There is a Roll Call set up for the June 8th cruise, go check it out. Everyone seems great!

You can come into Penn Station and get a cab right outside, it's about 30 minutes and probably around $35 bucks? Maybe a little less?

Or if you want you can reserve a car service from upstate to take you into the Brooklyn...I don't know how the prices will run. That may be a little easier rather than carrying your luggage around and through Penn Station.

If you are taking a cab, make absolutely sure you take the address of the Brooklyn pier. We had clients complain that cab drivers didn't know where the pier was and refused to take them (which is illegal in NYC).

This issue was brought up to our Princess sales rep, who contacted Princess about it, and we contacted the Brooklyn Borough president about it as well.

If you have the address and directions, they can't refuse you - if they do, take their medallion number and call the TLC.

You can get directions here:

http://www.nycruiseterminal.com/terminalBKN.html

If you are taking a cab, make absolutely sure you take the address of the Brooklyn pier. We had clients complain that cab drivers didn't know where the pier was and refused to take them (which is illegal in NYC).

This issue was brought up to our Princess sales rep, who contacted Princess about it, and we contacted the Brooklyn Borough president about it as well.

If you have the address and directions, they can't refuse you - if they do, take their medallion number and call the TLC.

You can get directions here:

http://www.nycruiseterminal.com/terminalBKN.html

That is exactly why I take a car service. ;)

Too much of a chance of them taking the long route to the pier.

Archived