What about Snuba in Cozumel?

EFL

My two daughters ages 16 and 13 (my wife is a wimp) and I were wondering about Snuba. We will be in Cozumel aboard the Navigator on Thursday August 26. Is snuba worth it or shoud we go snorkeling ( we have never done either). We are also stopping in Grand Cayman on Wednesday August 25, would it be better to snuba or snorkel here rather than Cozumel, or vice versa.

We have done sooooo much research, but there are soooo many things to do and we only have one day in each place so it's been hard to choose.

Could you please recommend any companies for snorkeling or snuba in Cozumel or Grand Cayman. Any other recommendations about things to do in Cozumel or Grand Cayman would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks to you all.

EFL

My wife and I took a cruise in early June and our favorite excursion, by far, was Snuba Diving in Cozumel. We went with Mayan Paradise Tours (http://www.snubacozumel.com/about.html) and I would highly recommend them. The crew is outstanding and provide free drinks, chips, fresh fruit and laughter. You get to snorkel at two reefs and snuba at one. Each dive is about 20-30 minutes and the water is crystal clear. We snorkeled at Grand Cayman with Captain Bryan's and went on the stingray tour. As far as I could tell, all of the stingray tours in Grand Cayman go to the same place but I was happy with Captain Bryan's. They videotape the experience for you (underwater and above) and give you the option of purchasing the video for $66. We took them up on it figuring we'd never get the chance to swim with the sting rays again. It was a blast as well. I'd give each of those services my business again. Great people! Enjoy your trip!

Archived