Comfortable Couch in Dawn AB Suite?

Jessinak

I'm cruising in an AB suite on the Dawn in late March. I've looked at all of the pictures and searched threads and have come to the conclusion that the couch in the main sitting area looks formal and uncomfortable. Are there options to deal with this? Any chance that it is more comfortable than it looks?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

This is my fear. I thought I had seen (or found) a thread that suggested that you could get the "formal" couch swapped out for one that had a pull-out bed. But I might be delirious from all of the searching I have done to try to learn more about the Dawn and the penthouse suites.

My sister slept in one last March and now againi next week. She said it was not too bad. Ask your roon steward for an egg crate type cushion for your pull out and it will be better. It does pull out into a bed type surface. We are in a balcony and have the same set-up and it was not bad last year. Have a great time!

My sister slept in one last March and now againi next week. She said it was not too bad. Ask your roon steward for an egg crate type cushion for your pull out and it will be better. It does pull out into a bed type surface. We are in a balcony and have the same set-up and it was not bad last year. Have a great time!

Not in an AB - it is a love seat and only a very little person could sleep on that rock.

276492277_ABsofa.jpg.e652a6e4a109667927106b1cf14468ea.jpg

Shoreguy,

If anyone can solve this puzzle it has to be you. Are there any options? I have two small kids with me (~3 and 5) and that loveseat looks like it belongs in my grandmother's house. Is there a swap-out option?

Shoreguy,

If anyone can solve this puzzle it has to be you. Are there any options? I have two small kids with me (~3 and 5) and that loveseat looks like it belongs in my grandmother's house. Is there a swap-out option?

A couple of options - I assume you don't want one in the upper bunk even if the 5 year old would love it. If in fact that is the case they could share the lower double bed, you could bring an air mattress, and finally you could hope they are willing to swap the sofa for a roll away. I have read where that was done.

The upper does look like fun for the 5 yo. If you don't let them use it they will haunt you :D

girlsroom2.jpg

When we stayed in an AB on the dawn, our son refused to share a room with his sisters s o he actually slept the week o that couch. At the time he was 4'9" and 60 pounds. While it could not have been comfortable, it beat sleeping in the same room with "girls"

:-)

I think my girls will have a great time in the "second" bedroom and the five-year old has even seen a picture of the upper bunk and she was giddy at the prospect of that being "her" bed. I'm more focused on the reality that small kids means more time in the room (which is why I was willing to spring for the penthouse in the first place) and yet who wants to sit around in a room with a formal stiff couch?

I think my girls will have a great time in the "second" bedroom and the five-year old has even seen a picture of the upper bunk and she was giddy at the prospect of that being "her" bed. I'm more focused on the reality that small kids means more time in the room (which is why I was willing to spring for the penthouse in the first place) and yet who wants to sit around in a room with a formal stiff couch?

Alternative one - The Balcony :) Those chairs are comfortable and a better place to hang out.

Alternative two - Spend more time in your cave of a bedroom ;)

Alternative three - bring one of the balcony chairs inside :cool: (did that on the Pearl)

Alternative four - flip the furniture, sit in the chairs and use the sofa as a foot rest if watching TV.

And my last and final idea share the jacuzzi tub to relieve the pain of the formal sofa. :D

Somehow I think you will get by "ruffing it" in the AB.

You could be looking at this :eek:

1326347392_3rdBed.jpg.b7b9320d7f96674edb48ddd473ab0434.jpg

Shoreguy,

Hoping you can answer (what I thought was) a simple question. Does that kid's bedroom have its own small bathroom like the Dawn? Nowhere on the NCL site does it mention it, but then again, the NCL site doesn't even have ID information posted on it today..... Thanks for any information you can provide!!

Robin

Shoreguy,

Hoping you can answer (what I thought was) a simple question. Does that kid's bedroom have its own small bathroom like the Dawn? Nowhere on the NCL site does it mention it, but then again, the NCL site doesn't even have ID information posted on it today..... Thanks for any information you can provide!!

Robin

Sure does - much the same as an inside cabin bathroom.

16_s2.gif

girls%20bath.JPG

Sure does - much the same as an inside cabin bathroom.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Now all I need to find out is whether I need to order a bar setup or if there are bottles included so I can get my order in by saturday. Too much conflicting info, so I will call NCL tomorrow. Thanks again!

Robin

Archived