IGFA Fishing Hall of Fame & Butterfly World

cricket03

We will be staying at the Renaissance for 2 days post cruise and would like to get from the hotel to both the Fishing Hall of Fame and Butterfly World. Would we have to rent a car to do this? Does the 17th St. area or the Renaissance have tours to these places? Is there public transportation to them? Or is taking a taxi viable $$wise

We thought about renting a car (don't really want to) and didn't know if we'd have to pay a parking fee at the hotel if we did. Does anyone know how we could to get to these places without renting a car or is that our best option?

Thanks for your help!!

Thanks for the info -- has anyone ever been to the Fishing Hall of Fame?? Is it worth going?? My husband is a fishing nut so I thought this would be a great way to show him how much I love him if I took him there and "enjoyed" it with him.

Thanks for the info -- has anyone ever been to the Fishing Hall of Fame?? Is it worth going?? My husband is a fishing nut so I thought this would be a great way to show him how much I love him if I took him there and "enjoyed" it with him.

Oh yes, your husband will have a wonderful time at the Fishing Hall of Fame; it's also adjacent to Bass Pro Shop so it's a fisherman's nirvana!

What a lucky guy to have a wife like you! :)

And if you get a chance, have him take you up to Butterfly World! ;)

Oh yes, your husband will have a wonderful time at the Fishing Hall of Fame; it's also adjacent to Bass Pro Shop so it's a fisherman's nirvana!

What a lucky guy to have a wife like you! :)

And if you get a chance, have him take you up to Butterfly World! ;)

My Son would be in heaven if he could go to the fishermans hall of fame. He is 12 and right now he wants to be a pro fisherman! All he does is watch fishing shows and his room is loaded with fishing gear. He is counting the days till spring so he can fish again!

Where is the Fishermans Hall of fame located? WE will be staying downtown at the Hyatt so we would get a cab, I like to know where we are supposed to be going.

Bev

My Son would be in heaven if he could go to the fishermans hall of fame. He is 12 and right now he wants to be a pro fisherman! All he does is watch fishing shows and his room is loaded with fishing gear. He is counting the days till spring so he can fish again!

Where is the Fishermans Hall of fame located? WE will be staying downtown at the Hyatt so we would get a cab, I like to know where we are supposed to be going.

Bev

Since I'm not way familiar with FLL and where things are I can't direct you specifically but I can give you the info I have from a book. They have a tackle gallery, a recreated salwater marsh and wetland with alligators and turtles, a children's Discovery Room and an 18 minute film. Also interactive fishing simulator stations to demonstrate the effort required to reel in various species. Touch-screen computers to follow the history of recreational fishing. Galleries feature mounted world-record catches and trophies and fish stories. They say you should allow at least 2 hours minimum to see it.

It's located in Dania Beach area. The directions the book gives is that it is off I-95, exit 23, w. on Griffin Rd. (SR 818) to Anglers Ave., then s. to 300 Gulfstream Way. They have a website you can google at IGFA. Admission charge is minimal - about $6 adult, $5 for kids 4-12. Their phone number is 954-922-4212. It's also located across from the Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World which your son may also enjoy!

Fishing Hall Of Fame/Bass Pro shop is 15 minutes or so from 17th street area, depending on traffic, (it is at Griffin Road right beside I95). Butterfly World is in Coconut Creek at Florida's Turnpike and Sample Road - it is at least a half hour drive between the two. There won't be any public transport or tours that would cover both, that I am aware of. You would do best to rent a car as day rates for cars are very inexpensive. Both locations are easily accessible by car. Enjoy!

Archived