What happend?!?

jubilee

Hi..We where on the Carnival Elation July 18,2004 to July 25,2004..when we made it to belize there was 2 other ships there..The Carnival inspiration and the Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the seas...but anyway when we made it there we waited and waited for a long time!!And soon after the hour that we where waiting our cruise director told us over the speakers that there was a transpertation strike!!So we left there and went to playa del Carmen!so what actually happend over there was anybody on one of those ships??What was going on??

Wow, you must've gotten off the ship today and walked straight into your computer room!;)

I would have been curious enough to find out more while I was still on the ship.

Probably WAS a transportation strike. It happens.

Risa, the cruise director, said it was a bus driver strike so no one could get to the excursions they booked. I don't know if taxi drivers were striking also, but doubt if there were enough of them to take up the slack anyway.

We also heard it was a bus strike. We had booked xstream cave tubing and they never missed a beat. (Highly recommended) All the Carnival cave tubing excursions were cancelled, along with most others (except the earliest golf group got through, but they may have gone by boat or plane?). There was one RC bus group at cave tubing, but don't know what their transportation arrangements were. We didn't know about the difficulties until we returned to the ship. It seemed odd that the we were on the last tender with only 12 people!! Alot of people were disappointed..

Archived