Private Tours in Paris(LeHavre), Brussels, Tangiers?

andman

We will be cruising in Europe Sept. 2007....like to book private tours while we are in port and are looking for referrals for Paris, Brussels, and Tangiers.

Late 50's couple, seasoned cruisers who want more than the ship's excursions.

Anyone have any ideas or names for us?

We will be cruising in Europe Sept. 2007....like to book private tours while we are in port and are looking for referrals for Paris, Brussels, and Tangiers.

Late 50's couple, seasoned cruisers who want more than the ship's excursions.

Anyone have any ideas or names for us?

I can't help with names for your cities,but if you are taking the train or the ship's bus to Paris I would then suggest doing the Hop/on Hop/off bus(any of them are good) if you have not been to Paris before.It's a great way to see the sights(there are 2 or 3 routes the ticket covers BTW),and you can stay on and see them all or get off and see something you really want to see and then get the next bus.They can travel in special lanes so they get around pretty easy.

Most people I know who have benn to Brussels have just done walkabout on their own.

As far as Tangiers goes...I do suggest the ship's tour as it really is better to go in a group unless you can get a group of your own and then hope you get a good guide when you dock.I know people have done on their own,but I don't think it's that safe...just my opinion.

I know there has been info posted on the board before re Tangiers so if you do a search maybe you will find some other info.Have a great cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

I only have suggestion for LeHavre portion of your trip. When we went a couple of years ago, my girlfriend and I took the bullet train into Paris and then purchased a subway day pass and rode around all day on the subway to get from place to place. It got us into Paris an hour sooner than the cruise line buses arrived and we didn't have to leave till an hour after the buses had to depart - thus giving us more time. Had time to see a couple of museums, Arch d'Triumph, shopping, lunch, etc. The round trip ticket from LeHavre/Paris was only 32 Euros and the all-day subway pass was only 7 Euros. The LeHavre train station is a 5-minute taxi ride from the port and was so easy to get to and from. There is a subway station there inside the train station in Paris - making it easy to maneuver between the train and subway. My husband and my girlfriend's husband rented a car with our table mates and drove down to Normandy and Omaha Beaches and stopped for lunch. The car was a mini-van - but was pricey running about $250.00. No one had any problems driving or directions and loved the small villages (also stopping to have lunch in one of the villages) that they went through getting to the beaches. Whatever you decide - have a great time.

Archived