Paradise Beach, Nachi Cocum or Playa Mia?

WorkingMomNeedsaVacation

Thanks for the info! It's so hard to choose when you've never been there and all you have are the websites!

Yes there are alot of choices of places to go, Playa Mia sells directly to the cruise lines as well as at the door they also offer an all inclusive package, Paradise Beach does not. I had never been to Cozumel, when we booked our cruise for xmas 05, I had originally thought of doing the cruise sponsored tour, then the island was hit by the storm, I found cruise critic. After reading several posts I heard nothing but good about paradise beach. PB Tom takes his time to try to help travelers with the information (regaurdless if it pertains to his beach) that they are asking about, if he knows the answer. We went to paradise beach, had a great time, and great food. We are a family of four, two boys 8/10. Hope you have a great time reguardless of where you go.

Working mom,

"Working Mom" might also enjoy a beach massage. (a great stress reliever:-), followed by a short nap in a hamock beneath a swaying palm. (That's how I ended my day at PB. It truely WAS paradise.

Yes, "Working Mom" would LOVE a beach massage!!! I think I'm leaning towards Paradise Beach. I know my son will absolutely love it. The issue with my daughter, though, isn't an inability to swim - we have a pool and she is a fish - it is just a preference for pools over the ocean. I think the trampoline might just get her over that, though. Besides she'll have the pool on the ship so this might just be a nice change of pace.

Does anyone know if they have toys for sandcastle building? My daughter loves that!

Yes, "Working Mom" would LOVE a beach massage!!! I think I'm leaning towards Paradise Beach. I know my son will absolutely love it. The issue with my daughter, though, isn't an inability to swim - we have a pool and she is a fish - it is just a preference for pools over the ocean. I think the trampoline might just get her over that, though. Besides she'll have the pool on the ship so this might just be a nice change of pace.

Does anyone know if they have toys for sandcastle building? My daughter loves that!

There are some tiny stores there at PB, but I don't recall everything they sell. I would just throw a small plastic shovel and a pail in the beach bag and bring them. My youngest son is autistic and he loves building sand castles..but he just uses his hands.

Have a great day!!

I wasn't sure if they just had them there for kids to use or not. I have a small set with a couple of shovels and buckets in a mesh bag that we actually bought on another cruise. It fits nicely in my husband's scuba bag so I can just throw it in and bring it with us. I just figured if they had them there for all to use, it would be one less thing to pack! No biggie, there is room in the bag and it is light enough so as not to push us over the 50 lb limit!

I just got back from our trip and I have to let everyone know what a fabulous place Nachi Cocom is. The location is beautiful, exclusive and perfect for anyone to enjoy. The pool is wonderful, the hot tub is perfect! They can arrange any kind of excursion from parasailing to scuba, snorkeling out on the reef, massage....you name it. The staff is top notch. They all seemed to be able to memorize what your drink preferences were and have the next one ready before you knew you needed it. The food was better than any I've had in Cozumel and the drinks were strong and delicious!!! We had a group of 9 and were tempted to let the ship go without us. It is paradise and should not be missed. I have been to several other beach clubs on Cozumel and this one is so far superior it is ridiculous. At $79 dollars a day it's a great deal...at the $49 we paid it's an absolute steal. Don't miss your opportunity for the best day to be spent on Cozumel!!!!

Hi kerrirn1962,

I just booked my excursion for myself, my b/f, his mother and her b/f to Nachi Cocom. We are looking forward to our cruise!!! Were there more people there than the 9 of you at NC? How much would a cab ride be for 4 people? Would it be better to rent a car/jeep?

Thanks,

Hi kerrirn1962,

I just booked my excursion for myself, my b/f, his mother and her b/f to Nachi Cocom. We are looking forward to our cruise!!! Were there more people there than the 9 of you at NC? How much would a cab ride be for 4 people? Would it be better to rent a car/jeep?

Thanks,

Hi kerrirn1962,

Thanks,

There were several other people there, but so few that we had the pool area to ourselves. The other people there were mostly locals (it was the weekend). The club could easily accomodate 100 people and I would estimate there were less than 25 there altogether and this is the largest crowd they have had in a while. There were 7 days of overcast, dreary days leading up to the perfect Saturday we were there, so it must have brought out a lot of folks. The beach area was practically empty. We paid $30 dollars one way for 9 people (we were in party mode and didn't care to negotiate). Island Marketing quotes a usual price of $15 one way for 2 people. I wouldn't rent a vehicle...I like to get my money's worth in the cocktail department and don't want to drive. You are going to have the time of your life at Nachi no matter how you get there!

I am soooo glad...we are going there off the Miracle in March. CAN"T WAIT for some good sun and yummy drinks!:D

One question...do they have the regular type drinks ( Pina Colada, etc) or can they be creative?

They will prepare anything you ask for. We had everything from shots of tequila to Miami Vice, margaritas, beer....and anything that can be put in a blender with alcohol is yours for the asking!!!

I just popped on this board to leave feedback about our visit to Nachi last week so I guess I'll just second everything the OP wrote! :D

Truly, truly a wonderful day in paradise. We took the snorkel trip offered from the beach. Leo started his price at $35/pp (6 of us) and by the afternoon we got him down to $110 for all of us. We saw Playa San Fransisco and Playa Mia from the snorkel boat. Nachi was a better beach than both, IMO. We also got dropped off at the Reef Club on the way back instead of going all the way back to Nachi and once again, Nachi was much nicer.

The food was outstanding. The guacamole was the some of the best I've ever had. We paid $8/pp (I think) to get a cab out to Nachi and a little less coming back from the Reef Club. I would go back there in a heartbeat. I wouldn't recommend it for little kids who like to play in the water. There's a bit of an incline when you first get in the water. Nothing severe. The worried mother in me would be nervous with little ones. I also wouldn't recommend it for teenagers looking for excitement. It's a very quiet, laid-back resort. Perfect for adults who want great food, great drinks, great beach all in a quieter location.

It looks like we will be seeing you there:) It's me, my DH, and 2 other couples.....

That's so cool! I'm so looking forward to it. We're also doing the Discover dive in GC, Cavetubing with Yhoni in Belize and probably the fishing village in Costa Maya! :p :p :p Woohoo!!!

You should post on the Roll Call section for our cruise. There's several groups of people from the CC boards that are planning to meet on at the Orpheus Bar on the Lido deck after Muster.

Oh yeah, and thanks everyone for the advice about the car!

Can you tell me how to book the Nochi Cocum myself? And how to get the great price? is there a website or 800 number? Thanks

i think this is the link...http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com

it's $49.00 per person. THe link is on the right as their winter special.

I will do that Graciebebe...thanks! we also are doing cave-tubing w/ yhoni:D !!! So maybe we can hookup w/ your group...it's just us 3 girls (our Dhs are ziplining!

Great!!! There's another couple in our role call section who are also doing the cave-tubing with Yhoni also! Looks like we're getting a pretty good group together. Still waiting to hear back from my b/f's mother to see if she and her b/f want to do it. They're concerned about the difficulty of the hike, since they're seniors. I've let them know I've read plenty of reviews from older people who said it was not a problem but they want to see what other things there are to do, just in case.

Looking forward to meeting you all!!! :p

I just got back from our trip and I have to let everyone know what a fabulous place Nachi Cocom is. The location is beautiful, exclusive and perfect for anyone to enjoy. The pool is wonderful, the hot tub is perfect! They can arrange any kind of excursion from parasailing to scuba, snorkeling out on the reef, massage....you name it. The staff is top notch. They all seemed to be able to memorize what your drink preferences were and have the next one ready before you knew you needed it. The food was better than any I've had in Cozumel and the drinks were strong and delicious!!! We had a group of 9 and were tempted to let the ship go without us. It is paradise and should not be missed. I have been to several other beach clubs on Cozumel and this one is so far superior it is ridiculous. At $79 dollars a day it's a great deal...at the $49 we paid it's an absolute steal. Don't miss your opportunity for the best day to be spent on Cozumel!!!!

I found a website but I didn't see a link to prices or reservations?? Can you help me out. Also..did the price include all the food/drinks that you wanted? Thanks for any info..

Archived