Anniversary while at sea...

MamaParrotHead

Our wedding anniversary comes while we're on our cruise, one of the at sea days. Keeping the suggestions "clean" (I've got everything else covered, thanks ;) ), can anyone think of anything I can do or give to DH for our anniversary? We're honestly not much for 'sentimental' type gifts...and I thought renewing our vows may be a bit corny (it's only our 9th anniversary, after all...the original ones should still be "good", right? LOL).

I'm stumped. The only thought I had was a few hours on the golf simulator, but I didn't know if the Triumph even had one? If so, anyone know how much it is?

If you contact Carnival you can have them decorate your room with "Happy Aniversary" banners and other decorations as well as a bottle of champagn and a fruit bowl. Our daughter did it for us on our last cruise that our aniversary fell on and it was GREAT !

Enjoy

If you contact Carnival you can have them decorate your room with "Happy Aniversary" banners and other decorations as well as a bottle of champagn and a fruit bowl. Our daughter did it for us on our last cruise that our aniversary fell on and it was GREAT !

Enjoy

do they charge extra for something like this and can you get this done with a guaranty room, you don't get your room assigned until you get on the ship?

MamaParrotHead,

Enjoy some "Boat Drinks" when you head down to "The Banana Republic" on your anniversary.

You can tip your room steward and ask for balloons. Also let your maitre d' know and they will bring a small cake and sing at dinner.

Although I would like most of those suggestions, DH is more of a beer kind of guy and not into big public displays. And I'm not real thrilled at the idea of singing at dinner (I've heard the cakes are pretty overpriced and not very good any how). Hmmm...

The cake was FREE... It was not great, but not bad either.

How about Parasailing, Snorkeling, or some other excursion while in port? It's always fun to do something you have never tried before.

The "Boat Drinks" and "Banana Republic" comments are Buffett songs...I thought you may be a fan with that nick name.

Happy Annaversary!

We love the cake! Many happy occaisions celebrated on Carnival. The cakes used to be free-not anymore. If DH is shy have the cake delivered to your room and spend a quiet afternoon together. Then dress for dinner at the supper club if one is available on your ship. Whatever you decide to do, have a great cruise and Happy Anniversary. :)

Although I would like most of those suggestions, DH is more of a beer kind of guy and not into big public displays. And I'm not real thrilled at the idea of singing at dinner (I've heard the cakes are pretty overpriced and not very good any how). Hmmm...

How about this: http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/AddToCart.aspx?cat=Specialty+Items&pid=823

I am not sure if this applies to you or your ship. My in laws went on a cruise last year and for their anniversity I called and ordered them a nice romantic dinner on their balcony. It was on a different cruise line but if your ship doesn't do it maybe you can order it from a paid rest. and bring it down to the room and send husband some where and set it up in the room or the balcony and when he comes back it will be set up. Hope that helps

MamaParrotHead,

Enjoy some "Boat Drinks" when you head down to "The Banana Republic" on your anniversary.

You can tip your room steward and ask for balloons. Also let your maitre d' know and they will bring a small cake and sing at dinner.

They WILL bring you a cake in the dining room, however, you will pay for it.

Happy Anniversary...we'll be on the Conquest in April celebrating our 30th. My husband is a beer drinker (and some Captain Morgan too). He's not into public displays, so one of the gifty items (the beers, cooler and hat gift) will be waiting in the room when we board. I am also making reservations at The Point Supper Club. Just going on the cruise will be special enough.

Enjoy yours and I hope you have a wonderful anniversary.

Remember, "what happens on the cruise ship, stays on the cruise ship and even a bad day of cruising beats a good day at work"

Just a few ideas you might want to consider:

- Accompany him to the Funnel Deck - on the cold windy sea day :rolleyes:

- Order him a bucket of beers, include a room key (from a previous cruise) :p

- Make sure he get his picture taken with the Show Girls dancers, and actually buy it. :D

- Have your cabin steward make a towel creature wearing your pink thong (no, white JC Penney panties won't do) :)

- Have the cruise director select you guys as "Not So Newlyweds" game participants, then lie/cheat/forget/embelish everything. :D

- Buy him a simple card, and sign it with XOXO's - because whatever you do, he'll love you for it!

Happy Anniversary

Archived