Dublin Walking Question

Janet S.

We would like to visit the Guinness Storehouse in Dublin and then walk and shop around Grafton Street. Is it possible to walk to this area after the Guinness tour and then take a Celebrity shuttle back to the ship? Thanks.

You can,but it is a hike.It really is easy to do the Hop/on bus trip,see the sights,get off at Guinness do the tour(and have one for me) then catch the bus back to Grafton Street area seeing other sights along the way.Of course you could take a taxi there and back,but the Hop/on bus is realyya fun wau to see Dublin IMHO.Don't miss the Temple Bar area either.

Thanks, Karen. I will look into the bus and then hopefully Celebrity will have a shuttle available to take us back to the ship. I guess if they do not we would have to take a taxi?

If they do have a shuttle bus back to the ship find out where it will pick you up and how much time they will allow you...should be ok,and it is really easy to walk around Dublin as nothing is that far.If they don't have a bus or the timing is off by all means just grab a cab back to the port..just watch out if it's rush hour as traffic can be a bear in Dublin(it's faster to walk sometimes).There is a train that goes to the port,but IMHO a cab would be worth it and the driver's are pretty cool.Have a fun visit to Dublin.

You can,but it is a hike.It really is easy to do the Hop/on bus trip,see the sights,get off at Guinness do the tour(and have one for me) then catch the bus back to Grafton Street area seeing other sights along the way.Of course you could take a taxi there and back,but the Hop/on bus is realyya fun wau to see Dublin IMHO.Don't miss the Temple Bar area either.

Excellent advice to use the hop on/off buses. IMHO the green and cream ones are the better of the two services on offer.

Shut your eyes if you use a taxi; our last driver crossed three red traffic lights.

Enjoy, Mary

Archived