QM2 News? Customer Service?

MollyBrown

Any news regarding QM2 kennels for 2005?

Am I the only one who does not receive anything whatsoever from Cunard (except the occasional "sail the Carribian" flier)?

I have sailed 6 times on Cunard's transatlantic, but wonder why there is no communication from Cunard. Also, if I try to contact them with a question, I get no response. This is not just recent either.

Do they not feel the slightest need to court us?

Those of us who have relied on QE2 kennels, and on the promise (as advertised) of QM2 kennels being available, might at least get a peep of info, or a "so sorry we have had to disappoint some of our customers". But instead, I have felt that they could care less.

As gracious as Cunard has always been, I wonder if the apparent ommission of customer service in corporate policy has seeped from Carnival to our beloved "Queens".

The Cunard customer service issue has been a long standing

problem, and has been mentioned on this board over

the years, many times.

I think we have agreed that the Cunard folks down in

Miami have absolutely no idea what goes on once onboard.

It is a darn shame that us long term "Cunarders" know more

about Cunard than those ( sometimes horrid and rude ) res

agents - heaven help you if you reach a surly agent by the

name of "Ken". Yes folks, SOME agents are good, however,

if you call Cunard several times with the same question, you

are more than likely to receive several different answers.

I remember calling them months ago stating that I

"had a quick question". The first word out of the gals mouth

was "well, I hope it IS a quick question because we're closing

in 2 minutes".

Gasp! ... What kind of an operation are they running down in Miami?

Another reason why maybe they are closing that office.

Curls

l have lately found the cunard UK customer service , well it doest exist does it !!!! emailed them a number of times and never get a response am l the only one?? phoned once to be greeted "P&O Cruises" even tried to email the usa office and still nothing,

The voyage information book we get for the cruise should have been last month, just when exactly do they send these things out?

But on a positive side the Cunard Upgrade fairy has paid me a visit, and l now know that she definately exists... upgraded from an inside single to an outside M single for the Oct 2nd cruise on QE2.. might not seem much,but to me l feel as though lv been given the world!!! and its only taken 8 voyages to get this !!!!!

cheers

Myles

cunardqueen@aol.com

I'm not a regular poster but follow this and a few other threads with interest. Over the weekend I was speaking to a friend of mine who has a connection with Cunard, and according to her the main reason for moving the headquarters from Miami to Los Angeles is that the powers at Carnival are concerned enough about the poor functioning of the Miami operation that they want to bring it under the eye of Princess management to see if that will improve it. Apparently bookings for QM2 are dropping off and the main office is worried.

I was also told that Seabourn would not be affected, at least in the foreseeable future.

Perhaps I'm wrong then, and it is Carnival that will actually improve customer service. Although I do not often get a response from the UK office, they are generally polite. Miami, however, I have often wondered about.

• 2 weeks later...

I've dealt with Frank Sansone ( Guest Relations Manager ) at the Cunard office and he seems polite and willing to help within his limitations. I find that usually, you have to speak to the right person. A reporter friend of mine tried several times to speak to Pamela Conover, and Conover refused to speak to my friend, who was a paying customer. I think it sets a poor example!

I've dealt with Frank Sansone ( Guest Relations Manager ) at the Cunard office and he seems polite and willing to help within his limitations. I find that usually, you have to speak to the right person. A reporter friend of mine tried several times to speak to Pamela Conover, and Conover refused to speak to my friend, who was a paying customer. I think it sets a poor example!

I spoke with Frank when I got off the QM2 maiden. We stupidly left a bag on the pier at Ft Lauderdale...Frank took care of getting it back to us in NY without cost to us.

I've emailed Pamela Conover a few times and more often than not got I polite, professional, appropriate response.

Craig

Hi Craig

How odd, that she responded to your email, but not my letter that was given to Frank Sansone to pass on to her. I have several friends who wrote to her asking questions and she has yet to respond as well. I guess she is a selective reader. Frank Sansone, I think is good at what he does. For the most part, he can be helpful.

Just curious here.

What type of questions would one send to Ms.Conover?

I have never found a need to send a letter to a president of any of the lines I have sailed. I have however, sent comments to guest relations etc.

Well, the first time I emailed Ms Conover was over a customer relations issue with Seabourn. She didn't reply to that but I did get quick resolution. then emailed her a complimentary note about one of Cunard's staff...she replied to that, and I heard from the staff member that she contacted him. After that I emailed her about the QM2, both before her naming and aboard her during the maiden voyage. Both times she's replied.

Craig

• 5 weeks later...

My experience with Cunard customer service is poor too. I have on a number of occasions, like when booked my 15 Dec crossing originally, and then when had to do a change of address, then wanted to query the cabin/ fare after they reduced the fares and then trying to pay the final instalment. On all occasions I called the UK number and after going through the "push 1 for X", "push 2 for Y" etc it then gets to a point where it says "your call is important to us, we are busy, call back later" and hangs up! When trying to pay I called over 3 days at different times and started counting and it took 6 calls on each time and then 4 on the last time before I got through. Once I got through they were very helpful people. I had tried emailing from the email address off the site and have never got a reply. The brochure request off site worked okay. Gary

My very recent experience with Cunard Customer Service at Southampton was very good, although I did spend 20 minutes listening to music before making human contact. However I have to say they dealt with my problem promptly and to my satisfaction. They even rang me back with the result which surprised me - the norm being that the customer has to do the chasing, at least that's my experience. One thing I did glean was that they are recruiting more call centre staff and I think there is some amalgamation of systems with P&O. They all work out of the same building in Southampton so it's not surprising there is some overlap of responsibilities.

Derek

Hmmm... What type of questions would one send to Ms. Conover? Well, let's see. When I take the time to write to the hotel manager a handwritten letter and a get a three line response on the last day- you bet that after a disasterous voyage, one would want answers.

Why did the ship sail understaffed?

Why weren't the new staff hired long before and trained on other ships?

Why was the food selection of poor quality?

Why did passengers have to beg for bread and water?

Why is there only 1 room service station for 2000+ passengers?

Why was there a pre-recorded message?

Why was there so little entertainment?

etc....

As of this date, she has yet to answer my questions or that of my friends. A reporter from the Mail on Sunday tried to talk to her and was rebuffed. The reporter had lists of names, addresses and phone numbers of unhappy passengers and informed Cunard of this, yet Ms. Conover had no interest.

On a happy note, I just had a nice cruise on the Zenith. I don't expect perfection from the staff and the cruise line- but I do expect the basic requirements to be filled. Celebrity Line are experts at this. Perhaps the Cunard higher ups should sample what other lines do?

Archived