Urgent Car seat question

MNcruisinWkids

Hi there- we are leaving on Friday for a cruise with a 4 yr and 2 yr old. We are taxiing to the hotel, then to the port, maybe around town a little in Miami, then from the ship to the airport again. Do you think its worth it to bring car seats along? We are going to the Caribbean, and I can't see using them on the islands because I don't know what we'd do with them when we got to the beach, etc? What do you all recommend?

That's a tough one. It sounds like you will be in a taxi a good amount of time. If it were me, I'd be bringing carseats--as much of a pain as it sounds. I would be worried to death otherwise and always remember it is their lives on the line.

Alternatives??? Maybe you can take a shuttle to and from the airport and/or hotel. Also maybe consider taking shuttles on your shore excursions, as well. That is the only way I can really see you getting around not having carseats.

I wish I had some alternate scenarios for you, but since it sounds like you will be in the taxi quite a bit, I really don't. I personally would not be comfortable in a taxi without my kids in carseats.

Hope somebody else will chime in for some insight.

I hope you all have a terrific cruise!:)

I would be concerned that the cabs in the U.S. may not take you without car seats - I don't know. We have a cab company in Los Angeles that will provide car seats, you may want to do a yahoo yellow pages search for cab or shuttle companies or ask the hotel for ideas.

Have a great trip.

Best,

Mia

Archived