Ordering wine

dakrewser

When sailing on HAL, at the end of dinner when the wine steward brings the chit to sign, we ask him for the next night's menu and the wine list then proceed to pre-order wine for that meal. The bottle(s) always waiting for us when we come to the table the next evening. It saves time and gets us our wine sooner!

Is the same thing possible on Princess (note we'll be doing traditional dining)?

When sailing on HAL, at the end of dinner when the wine steward brings the chit to sign, we ask him for the next night's menu and the wine list then proceed to pre-order wine for that meal. The bottle(s) always waiting for us when we come to the table the next evening. It saves time and gets us our wine sooner!

Is the same thing possible on Princess (note we'll be doing traditional dining)?

Unfortunately, wine stewards are a thing of the past on Princess. The assistant waiter now takes the wine order. I would ask him on your first night at dinner if this is possible. He should be able to let you know.

Although I have never tried that, when wine is leftover it is always waiting on the table the next evening.

That seems like a request that would be easy to accomodate. I would be surprised if you had difficulty doing it, though you might actually have to sign the chit to pay for it the evening of your dinner, rather than the day before.

They have a "wine line" that you can call to preorder wines that will then be waiting for you. In the past I've seen this number on the bottom of the patter or in the stateroom. They post the menus in advance every morning. I've done this before and it works great!

fyi tho this works great if you are in traditional dining but might be trickier to accomodate in anytime, especially on ships that have multiple dining rooms for anytime. If you have reservations for dinner they might be able to do it for anytime tho.

Happy Sailing!

Unfortunately, wine stewards are a thing of the past on Princess. The assistant waiter now takes the wine order. I would ask him on your first night at dinner if this is possible. He should be able to let you know.

Ooh, guess I won't be asking for recommendations then! :rolleyes:

tequilasunrise: Yes, we're doing traditional dining, so it should be the same person each night!

Our head waiter brought us the dinner menu for the next evening and we ordered our wine. He made some good recommendations for us. We had anytime dining and the wine was on the table and ready for us. The wine prices are very reasonable. Try the Luce it's very good and around the same price it sells for in a wine store at home.

Our head waiter brought us the dinner menu for the next evening and we ordered our wine. He made some good recommendations for us. We had anytime dining and the wine was on the table and ready for us. The wine prices are very reasonable. Try the Luce it's very good and around the same price it sells for in a wine store at home.

Ah, glad to hear that, thanks!

Does anyone have a link to an on-line copy of the wine list?

Archived