Vancouver and Luggage Direct to Flight

LisaH

Hey, If CCRain is out there...

We are booked on the Island Princess this summer in B503 - WOO HOO. CCrain had same cabin not too long ago. In the review the luggage direct from ship to airport was mentioned as being a great deal and well worth the money. We are flying from Vancouver to Dallas on a 1:30 flight the day we get back. I assume we will be able to use this option?

We have Princess transfers and our own air. When do we do customs?

Thanks to all...

Hey, If CCRain is out there...

We are booked on the Island Princess this summer in B503 - WOO HOO. CCrain had same cabin not too long ago. In the review the luggage direct from ship to airport was mentioned as being a great deal and well worth the money. We are flying from Vancouver to Dallas on a 1:30 flight the day we get back. I assume we will be able to use this option?

We have Princess transfers and our own air. When do we do customs?

Thanks to all...

LisaH

You can check out the info about onboard check in at the YVR site.

http://www.yvr.ca/guide/around/onboard/index.asp

I notice that you have to be using Princess transfers (no problem I'd do that) but our airline doesn't participate... bummer.. although this program should lessen the lines for those of us that cannot use it.. at least we have priority airport check in and a 12:40 flight.:rolleyes:

Whether you are flying into YVR or out of YVR IF you have Princess transfers to or from the airport and you are flying into the US or from the US you do not go through Customs. If you fly into YVR you bypass Customs straight to the Princess bus for transfer to the ship. When you checked your luggage with the airline you will see it again in your room. When you land in YVR you do not claim your luggage as Princess picks it up and takes it to the ship. That is why you have to have your Princess tags on the bags before you get on the airplane. If you fly out of YVR to home in the US your bags are picked up the night before and taken to your flight.

I notice that you have to be using Princess transfers (no problem I'd do that) but our airline doesn't participate... bummer.. although this program should lessen the lines for those of us that cannot use it.. at least we have priority airport check in and a 12:40 flight.:rolleyes:

Hi Host Caroline, we are on American and I just checked the YVR website (thanks cruise sojourner) and it does not look like AA participates. That is a bummer...I am surprised they don't. We are on Alaska Air on the outbound but American returning. Had I known before-hand I might have used Alaska Air on the return but wanted a direct flight.

Thanks to all for the info.

I submitted the question to Vancouver airport website regarding American Airlines. Here is their response. It was VERY quick...

Thank you for your question regarding American Airlines participation in the Onboard Check-in Program at YVR for the 2007 cruise season.

At this time, we expect all US based air carriers to participate in the program. However, this has not been confirmed as of yet. I would recommend that you check the YVR website link provided around mid-May to see the final list of participants. You can always feel free to email me directly closer to your sail date to confirm American Airlines participation.

http://www.yvr.ca/guide/around/onboard/

Archived