Best Place in Phillipsburg to buy liquor?

CaribbeanCrazy

I buy a lot at Gulmoher's, which is next to the McDonald's on Front Street. They are priced about like everyone else on Front Street, and they are EXCELLENT in their service. We always buy our cigars and booze there, and they will let you try the liquors before you buy..........Great Place!

I've looked at liquor prices all over Front Street. Except for a few lost leaders at jewelry stores, Caribbean Paradise is the lowest of all. It's diagonally across from McDonalds.

Caribbean Liquor.jpg

I've gone into Rams a number of times and told them the exact price that Caribbean Paradise is charging for a specific bottle. I asked if they would match the price. Answer - NO.

Depending on what we're looking for, we usually end up purchasing at Caribbean Paradise, Splash or Queen's. They're all in the same general vicinity, less than a 5 minute walk from walk other.

We usually also check prices at Ram's and Price Club.

th_DSCN1053.jpg

th_DSCN1056.jpg

th_DSCN1370.jpg

gary

I've looked at liquor prices all over Front Street. Except for a few lost leaders at jewelry stores, Caribbean Paradise is the lowest of all. It's diagonally across from McDonalds.

Caribbean Liquor.jpg

I second this option. This place and another one a little ways down the street past McDonalds had great prices. The guy even knocked off a few bucks on some expensive scotch I bought.

Overall the prices were 50% less or more than WA state prices. My friend wants to go back there just to buy the cheap liquor:D

• 1 month later...

This is a shop just down from the straw market on the left as you approach Front St. Prices and selection were excellent and they have cigs and cigars. As far as comparing w/ STT the prices are lower in STM but allowance is less if you are checked-2 vs. 6 bottles. First check the ship DFS to get an idea of price and then compare. 12 year Dewars was cheaper on the ship buying 2 bottles. Rams was under a new magt. in Dec. if you refer to the supermarket and they didn't offer delivery to the ship or the carrier boxes. The selection was very good but prices were about the same as downtown. There's also a store on Front St that sells jewelry and liquor but charges extra if using a credit card and for the box.

Best buy here is Absolut.

I suspect a good cheap Cuban would need to have a Green Card. Otherwise they will have to arrange their own transportation to the US via the Mexico-US border. Those with Green Cards don't come cheap. ;)

Kal, how far down Front Street is it to Caribbean Paradise? We plan on shopping in the morning at the tablecloth place, and then we are going out on the Lord Sheffield. Also, does CP deliver to the ship like Ram's does?

You are a plethera of information, so I bet you know the answer to these questions!

I suspect a good cheap Cuban would need to have a Green Card. Otherwise they will have to arrange their own transportation to the US via the Mexico-US border. Those with Green Cards don't come cheap. ;)

Ah, a wiseguy with my kind of humor. :D

Seriously though. Anyone have any suggestions on a good store for cigars?

• 5 months later...

Need to know, and if they are reliable. See they sell souvenirs and perfume as well, are their prices good for those items too ?

Thanks!

Kal, how far down Front Street is it to Caribbean Paradise? We plan on shopping in the morning at the tablecloth place, and then we are going out on the Lord Sheffield. Also, does CP deliver to the ship like Ram's does?

You are a plethera of information, so I bet you know the answer to these questions!

Caribbean Paradise is very reliable and they pride themselves that their prices are the lowest on the island. Same for perfume. Matter of fact in May I purchased a wheel of Gouda Cheese which was also the lowest price on the island.

They don't deliver to the ship.

• 2 weeks later...

If you take the ferry service from the cruise dock, the $5 fare is good for unlimited round trips, so you can always go back to the ship with your purchases and drop them off.

As for prices vs St Thomas, you may not find certain items in Pburg that you can find in St Thomas (eg: single malt scotch selections are better in STT), but what you find in Pburg will almost always be cheaper - but you'll usually be expected to pay cash and carry it yourself.

See my Valor review below for more details.

Archived