Easter Sunday in Dominica

San-D-Beach

My ship (NCL Dawn) will be arriving in Dominica on Easter Sunday at 8am. I checked the ship schedule and our ship is the only one in port that day (which seemed odd to me). Will everything be shut down for the holiday or do you think tours will still be running?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Hi P-T-2,

I got in touch with Beno and decided to take an island tour with him. I expressed to him in two emails that it was Easter and if it would be a problem.... he said not a problem at all. Our ship is the only one in port that day and with it being the holiday...I figured there wouldn't be much traffic and crowds...great way to see the island!

What else do you have planned on the other islands? Trying to do River Tubing through Adventure Tours on Grenada but haven't heard from them after first e-mail. The ship has an excursion but not sure who runs it. That is my last island to complete! We may end up just winging it when we get there and decide what to do when we arrive.

Glad to correspond with someone else on the same cruise. Counting down the days!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I've also arranged to tour with Beyno on Easter Sunday. Same concern as yours, would it be possible being that it was Easter. He assured me that it would not be a problem. Friday (Good Friday) may also be a problem getting tours outside of the ship excursions. Shopping may also be at a minimum due to the Easter season. Guess I'll find out when I get there.

Archived